ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O 4/2015 - Section 12

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akan
BANNED

SET O 4/2015 - Section 12

Post by akan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

I need a bit of a help. In the new SET O form under section 12L , what the following statement means?

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents
showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules

And which documents we need to submit. Its all very confusing and there are no guidance notes.

Regards

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: SET O 4/2015 - Section 12

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:13 pm

That statement only applies to those whose ILR residential qualifying period (e.g. 5 years) is made up of leave to remain under more than just one category. E.g. WP/T2G + T1 General.

So the evidence you need to provide would vary depending on your individual LTR category(s).

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:46 am

Many thanks :) You are a legend .

rafiz
Newly Registered

Post by rafiz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:17 am

My 5 yrs of residence includes initial 1 yr with Tier-2 and subsequent 4yrs with Tier-1. I am going to apply for ILR. What docs do I need to submit for for the initial 1 yr period while I was in Tier-2 category? Please help.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:05 pm

rafiz wrote:My 5 yrs of residence includes initial 1 yr with Tier-2 and subsequent 4yrs with Tier-1. I am going to apply for ILR. What docs do I need to submit for for the initial 1 yr period while I was in Tier-2 category? Please help.
Items a) & possibly c) may apply to you, if you had any absences while under T2.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

245CD-SD Specified documents
The specified documents referred to in paragraph 245CD(j) are:
(a) For periods where the applicant was in employment in the UK, a letter from the employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave.
(b) For periods where the applicant was self-employed or in business in the UK, or looking for work or setting up in business in the UK, a personal letter from the applicant detailing the purpose and period of absences in relation to those activities.
(c) A personal letter from the applicant which includes full details of the reason for the absences and all original supporting documents in relation to those reasons - e.g. medical certificates, birth/death certificates, information about the reasons which led to the absence from the UK.

rafiz
Newly Registered

Post by rafiz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:17 pm

I left the job that I was doing during my Tier-2 Visa 4 yrs back. At that period, I went outside UK for couple of times for short periods to visit my family. It is difficult for me to get any letter from that employer for that period now However, I have the employment letter and the payslips for that period. What can I do at this moment?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:42 pm

rafiz wrote:I left the job that I was doing during my Tier-2 Visa 4 yrs back. At that period, I went outside UK for couple of times for short periods to visit my family. It is difficult for me to get any letter from that employer for that period now However, I have the employment letter and the payslips for that period. What can I do at this moment?
Based on the thread below, you should be ok with a self certified letter explaining your absences over that time period. Also include P60 & any other evidence you have that would show that you did not break the terms of your T2 sponsorship.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 64431.html

rafiz
Newly Registered

Post by rafiz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:26 pm

Thanks a lot for the response.