ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA DIVORCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tinababy
Newly Registered

EEA DIVORCE

Post by tinababy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for the good work here. Well done.
my question is i need a someone to tell me how to notify the
home office that am divorce and my change of circumtances.
pls how do i contact them and how soon will the changes be
done? Thank u so much

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: EEA DIVORCE

Post by rosebead » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:32 am

Are you an EEA national who is divorcing? You don't need to notify the Home Office of any changes.

If you are a non-EEA national you will have to satisfy certain criteria before you can retain a right of residence in the UK after divorce. Pages 19-20 of this document lists the four different ways you can retain a right of residence after divorce. If you satisfy any one of those four criteria AND your EEA spouse is exercising Treaty rights at the time of your divorce AND you yourself exercise Treaty rights after your divorce, then you can retain a right of residence after divorce, and you should apply for a new residence card on that basis.