ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it ok to use old citizenship application form? urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukner
Newly Registered

Is it ok to use old citizenship application form? urgent

Post by ukner » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi,

Got my appointment with council soon ( I booked the appoinment a month ago), but just realised the form has been changed, don't have time get the new referrees form signed.

Wonder if ok to submit my citizenship application via council with the old form.

Please can some one advice?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Is it ok to use old citizenship application form? urgent

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:24 pm

The form has changed to include a section for biometrics, so you should have the new one competed. Note also that the fees have increased this month.

blooms

Post by blooms » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:06 pm

I received this email from my NCS a couple weeks ago:

"....
Please be mindful that the Home Office have, with effect from 06 April 2015, increased the fees for an adult from £906.00 to £1005.00 and for a child from £669.00 to £749.00. In addition you should submit the March 2015 application form – they will not accept previous versions.
..."

So you're out of luck I believe. You'll have to get the referee signatures on the new form. If you can't do this in time, I suggest you postpone your appointment.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:08 pm

ukner wrote:Wonder if ok to submit my citizenship application via council with the old form.
Short answer NO.
HO wants all the extra info included on the new form and new fees
Your application will be returned as invalid if you use the old form now
Manka