ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for Father, Mother and Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Naturalisation for Father, Mother and Child

Post by s0787671 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:49 am

Dear All,

We are expecting our baby in July 2015. Our Visa status

Father : - ILR since sep 2014
Mother : - PBS dependent (yet to complete 3y and 6 months for ILR)

Child:
Our child will be born in July, could you please let us know about the procedure to apply for her citizenship and BC passport?

Father:

I am eligle for AN in Sep 2015, so do I follow AN application for it?

Mother:

Since she has currently got visa till oct 2017 (3 years visa) she would need another 6 months visa, which I am not sure if we can apply for any other route to make it quicker, as both me and the child will have BC by end of this year?

Please do let us know about the Above queries.

Thank you.
Bharat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation for Father, Mother and Child

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm

s0787671 wrote:Dear All,

We are expecting our baby in July 2015. Our Visa status

Father : - ILR since sep 2014
Mother : - PBS dependent (yet to complete 3y and 6 months for ILR)

Child:
Our child will be born in July, could you please let us know about the procedure to apply for her citizenship and BC passport? child Will be automatically British as you hold ILR and is born in the UK. You can apply directly for childs passport. If child is born abroad, the hild is not British and will need a visa in line with mother.

Father:

I am eligle for AN in Sep 2015, so do I follow AN application for it? form AN is correct

Mother:

Since she has currently got visa till oct 2017 (3 years visa) she would need another 6 months visa, which I am not sure if we can apply for any other route to make it quicker, as both me and the child will have BC by end of this year?there is no "quick" route. She will be better off staying on her current visa (assuming you got ILR based on PBS visa and not long residence). If she switches to FLR(M) spouse of settled person, her ILR qualifying clock will reset to zero and she will have to wait another 5 years for ILR.

Please do let us know about the Above queries.

Thank you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.

1) Child: - Do I need the birth certificate and how do I apply for the passport? could you please provide with the name of application form to apply with or a link to it.

2) Mother: - Yes Father has ILR true 5y PBS route, thus should the next one which is for remaining 6 month term be an pbs dependent extension application to continue the clock and avoid reset.

Thank you
Bharat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:08 pm

1. Yes you do. Also copies of your passport and ILR. Pls confirm that the child will be born in the UK? Passport forms are vailable at the post office free of charge.
See passport section in link below
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592356

2. Yes, it would make more sense to stay as pbs dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Yes the child will be born in UK.
Bharat