ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive insurance requirement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Natkon15
Newly Registered

Comprehensive insurance requirement

Post by Natkon15 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:58 pm

I would like to apply for permanent European residency card. My husband is Spanish and we had been in UK for 5 years. We both had comprehensive insurance for 5 years and I am only sending application for myself. My husband was self sufficient. We have daughter and she is also Spanish so I am not including her in the application. I spoke to a Laywer and he said that my daughter also had to have comprehensive insurance for the last 5 years although she is not applying which seems to me really strange. So I spoke to another 5 lawyers and they said that it is not required as she is not included in the application so I am totally confused and really worried. I have been in UK for 9 years already and it seems like it is never ending story. I was collecting all the papers for the last 5 years and now because of the insurance of my daughter everything seems falling apart. Did anybody had similar situation and what can I do to make my application stronger? My lawyer said that it might help if I issue for her EHIC card in UK but I checked new application and it is said that the card should be issued in Spain not here. This lawyer was recommended to me by 5 people but I am not sure why then he is scaring me saying that I can be refused in permanent residency card.

Does anybody know if I really need to have insurance for my daughter too?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Comprehensive insurance requirement

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:10 pm

CSI policy must cover the whole family even anyone of the family member is not included in the application. In your post the 1st lawyer was giving you right guidance. In order to confirm that you can refer to the page # 58 of the EEA4 form where there is a section # 7 asking about comprehensive sickness insurance.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Natkon15
Newly Registered

Post by Natkon15 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:35 pm

Hello Sheraz, thank you so much for you quick reply. Do you think anything can be done and does it make sense to send my application for permanent residency at all? As I wrote I am only applying for the permanent residency card for me not for my daughter. Actually my daughter had EHIC card until 04/04/2013 and then I included her in the insurance later in December 2013 but she didn't have any cover for 8 months.

Natkon15
Newly Registered

Post by Natkon15 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Can I then extend my current visa for another 5 years and then when I have 10 years in UK apply for British citizenship

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:27 pm

I noticed sometimes caseworkers are lenient with CSI if there are gaps, or it might be that they overlook things with the amount of applications they have to sift through. If it were me I would still apply anyway and try my luck. You could even do it yourself for £65.

You could get another 5-year residence card if you want to through form EEA(FM). You could apply for PR confirmation again in December 2018, as long as you make sure to keep up CSI for everyone. You have to have permanent residence status for 1 year before you can apply for British citizenship.

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi. I would recommend applying for Eea3 first with the EUs insurance and then applying for EEA4. This is what we did and it worked. In our case it was my non EU husband who didn't have CSI .

Natkon15
Newly Registered

Post by Natkon15 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:00 pm

thank you so much for your suggestions. I am really grateful. I am going to talk to a laywer tomorrow again. fingers cross we will come up with some solution