ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssblr
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependents

Post by ssblr » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi,

I had my Tier 2 ICT Visa through my employer and I got the ILR permission two weeks ago. My wife and daughter (who is 21 months old) have got the Tier2 ICT Dependent Visas which were granted as part of my Tier 2 ICT Visa through my employer. Their Tier2 ICT Dependent Visas are valid till 02-Sep-2015. Kindly help in answering the below queries.

1) My wife has been living with me here in the UK since Dec 2010. Our marriage was in Nov 2010 in India. On 25-Nov-2012 we went back to India for her maternity. I came back to the UK after a few months. My wife and my daughter came back to the UK on 26-Mar-2014. Please advise if my wife can apply for ILR now? Or do we need to wait till March 2016? If she is eligible for ILR now, which document she should furnish to cover her 16 months absence from the UK? If she can not apply for ILR, what type of Visa she needs to apply to remain here in the UK as her current Tier2 ICT Dependent Visa expires on 02-Sep-2015? Please share the information on this.

2) My daughter was born in India in June 2013 and came to the UK with her mother on 26-Mar-2014. As mentioned above I have got my ILR, my wife and daughter have their Tier2 ICT Dependent Visas expiring on 02-Sep-2015. Can I apply now for ILR permission for my daughter? Or is she eligible only after her mother gets the ILR? If not, for what type of VISA I should apply for my daughter?

Kindly provide your valid feedback.

Thanks.

rizzu155

Re: ILR for Dependents

Post by rizzu155 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:58 pm

ssblr wrote:Hi,

I had my Tier 2 ICT Visa through my employer and I got the ILR permission two weeks ago. My wife and daughter (who is 21 months old) have got the Tier2 ICT Dependent Visas which were granted as part of my Tier 2 ICT Visa through my employer. Their Tier2 ICT Dependent Visas are valid till 02-Sep-2015. Kindly help in answering the below queries.

1) My wife has been living with me here in the UK since Dec 2010. Our marriage was in Nov 2010 in India. On 25-Nov-2012 we went back to India for her maternity. I came back to the UK after a few months. My wife and my daughter came back to the UK on 26-Mar-2014. Please advise if my wife can apply for ILR now? Or do we need to wait till March 2016? If she is eligible for ILR now, which document she should furnish to cover her 16 months absence from the UK? If she can not apply for ILR, what type of Visa she needs to apply to remain here in the UK as her current Tier2 ICT Dependent Visa expires on 02-Sep-2015? Please share the information on this.

2) My daughter was born in India in June 2013 and came to the UK with her mother on 26-Mar-2014. As mentioned above I have got my ILR, my wife and daughter have their Tier2 ICT Dependent Visas expiring on 02-Sep-2015. Can I apply now for ILR permission for my daughter? Or is she eligible only after her mother gets the ILR? If not, for what type of VISA I should apply for my daughter?

Kindly provide your valid feedback.

Thanks.
I am in the same boat, does your wife applied a new visa while she was in India or it was the same visa ? because there was a rule came in July 2012 any dependent issues visa after July 2012 their ILR clock get reset and he/she needs to spend 5 yrs for applying ILR.

ssblr
Newly Registered

Post by ssblr » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:42 am

Thanks. Her initial VISA was extended in the UK itself in 2012 and she never had her VISA expired.

ssblr
Newly Registered

Post by ssblr » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:03 am

Hi,

Kindly share some guidance on these queries please.

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:08 pm

I believe that they may apply for ILR now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ssblr
Newly Registered

Post by ssblr » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm

vinny wrote:I believe that they may apply for ILR now.
Thank you. Hope the absence of 16 months is not a problem.