ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deception? Lied to immigration officer...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lolables11
Newly Registered

Deception? Lied to immigration officer...

Post by lolables11 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:51 am

Hello

I was denied entry to the UK ( I tried to enter without a visa as that is normally allowed for a period of up to 6 months)

I 'used deception' and concealed that my parents were in the UK , although this is a big misunderstanding.
I also didn't have a return ticket ,and I think those are the main reasons for why i was denied entry to the UK.

i am going to apply for a family visitor's visa, and have a few questions:

on section 6.5 they ask you the reason why I was denied entry - so should I just copy and paste the whole paragraph on the NOTICE OF REFUSAL they gave me?

in part 9, should i include a letter explaining the misunderstanding of the deception or just leave it altogether?

what happens if my visa gets rejected?

i am so worried..thank you

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Deception? Lied to immigration officer...

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:24 am

lolables11 wrote:I was denied entry to the UK ( I tried to enter without a visa as that is normally allowed for a period of up to 6 months)
Do you mean you are a visa free national? What is your nationality? I.e. What passport do you hold?
I 'used deception' and concealed that my parents were in the UK , although this is a big misunderstanding.
I also didn't have a return ticket ,and I think those are the main reasons for why i was denied entry to the UK.
You say you think those were the main reasons, but were you not told what the reasons were at the time? I presume the refusal notice you mention below has the exact reason(s) stated?
i am going to apply for a family visitor's visa, and have a few questions:
on section 6.5 they ask you the reason why I was denied entry - so should I just copy and paste the whole paragraph on the NOTICE OF REFUSAL they gave me?

in part 9, should i include a letter explaining the misunderstanding of the deception or just leave it altogether?
I'm not familiar with the visit visa form or sections. But I'd agree you should state the reason as stated on the refusal notice, so long as that's possible. What is part 9?

Ido
Newly Registered

Re: Deception? Lied to immigration officer...

Post by Ido » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:40 am

Deception when detected may lead to a 10 year ban. Before you apply it would be advisable to use an experienced immigration solicitor for advice. Your parents could put you in touch with one based here. The crucial facts of whether you actually denied having family here or the purpose of your visit should be established. Omitting vital information on immigration forms is also deception or an attempt to do so. Be careful. The refusal letter will give a clue but your utterances on that fateful day at the airport are recorded/noted by the immigration officers.