ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for my two year old - Postal or Online?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lawabidingimmigrant

British Passport for my two year old - Postal or Online?

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:33 am

Dear all,

I've received Certificate of Registration as a British Citizen for my two year old UK born child in the post this morning. I've updated the MN1 timelines thread with the details.

Now I need to apply for his British Passport. Appreciate if you can advise whether I should apply online or use the Postal Service. I've read few threads on the forum & not many seem to have had positive experience with the online beta service for applying passport.

Quick inputs in this matter will be highly appreciated. This will help me apply for his passport quickly. Need to plan our out of country holidays. Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by lawabidingimmigrant on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: British Passport for my two year old - Postal or Online?

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:41 am

I applied for my daughter's passport online, here is her timeline. I filled in form online and took printout, then due to some other business did not send it for over a week, then sent and received passport in just 13 days.

So for me, online was fine.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

zonkkk

Post by zonkkk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Online for me too. I took about 8 days for my sons passports to come back.

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Thank you so much for the prompt response. Gives me some confidence to apply for his passport online now. Will update the forum with the timeline once we get his passport.