ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A Quick question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Morbeous
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

A Quick question

Post by Morbeous » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:43 am

I am a British citizen and am married to an Azerbaijani citizen. We currently are staying at her home in Azerbaijan. I need to return to the Uk to sort some things out. I would like to know what visa I need to apply for so that she can accompany me. We will be returning to Azerbaijan after my stay is over. I own my own property in the UK so intend to spend a couple of weeks there before going to spend a couple of weeks with my parents. The Government website is confusing so was hoping someone on here may be able to help.

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: A Quick question

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:07 pm

Family visitor visa. You'll need to submit strong evidence of reasons for her to return to her home country without overstaying.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Morbeous
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Morbeous » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:11 pm

Would copies of our Azerbaijan resident permits be enough?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:31 pm

The case worker will look for evidence of strong ties...i.e employment with a letter from employer confirming the position will be kept open, ongoing study or property ownership. You could also submit proof of your own ties to the Country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Morbeous
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Morbeous » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Her job ends at the end of the month so she will no longer have a job. She does however own property. I have no ties to the country except for her. All my ties are in the UK. I own property and have family in the UK. We only want a visa so that she can come to the UK with me whilst I sort a few things out then we will be returning to Azerbaijan