ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What I need to do for Naturalization?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deep_love
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

What I need to do for Naturalization?

Post by deep_love » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:34 am

Hi, it has been 5 years that I live in the UK. I had my ILR in 2012 on spouse visa. UnfortunateIy, I got divorced in 2013. I have to apply for Naturalization now.
I don't exactly know what I need to do.
I just downloaded the latest form.
What documents are required?
How long it takes to process ?
How much is the fee?
Can I apply online?
And other important things as well.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: What I need to do for Naturalization?

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:13 am

Reading the information available under the frequently asked questions sticky thread would be a good starting point for you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
deep_love wrote:1) What documents are required?
2) How long it takes to process ?
3) How much is the fee?
4) Can I apply online?
1) Read the AN form, along with the associated guidance which explain what's required.
2) It's variable, you might want to check the monthly timeline threads on this forum to get a sense of what the current applicant experiences are in terms of time taken for processing.
3) Fees are published on the HO site. A single Adult AN application now costs £1005. Additional £19.20 for Biometric enrolment.
4) No. You can either apply through a NCS (preferable as you get to keep your passport) for a small fee or by post. https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... w-to-apply