ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa renewal query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lcb
Newly Registered

spouse visa renewal query

Post by lcb » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:51 am

My husband's spouse visa is up for renewal in September. We were planning to go abroad in June, but he thinks he remembers reading something about travel restrictions in the 3 months before the visa expires. I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find any information on this. Does anyone know? Also, we are not sure how long before the visa expires we are supposed to submit the application. If anyone could advise we would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Laura

navodwickra

Re: spouse visa renewal query

Post by navodwickra » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:26 am

lcb wrote:My husband's spouse visa is up for renewal in September. We were planning to go abroad in June, but he thinks he remembers reading something about travel restrictions in the 3 months before the visa expires. I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find any information on this. Does anyone know? Also, we are not sure how long before the visa expires we are supposed to submit the application. If anyone could advise we would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Laura
Not sure about the first question but for your second one you can apply 28 days before leave expires.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:47 am

With respect to the travel plans you should be OK to go abroad as long as you return before the visa expiry.

If you are applying for an extension you can apply at any time but what you must bear in mind is that for the next application for ILR after the extension your husband must have completed 5 years stay otherwise if you applying too early now you need to apply for another extension In order to complete the probationary period.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:12 am

Also bear in mind that if you are extending your husband's visa, you will have to pay the new NHS Surcharge for the full period extended before submitting the application. For a 2.5 year period the surcharge would be £500 in addition to the visa fee. There is no surcharge for an ILR application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.