ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denial of permanent card / new 5 year resident status ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

albrechtjc
Newly Registered

Denial of permanent card / new 5 year resident status ?

Post by albrechtjc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:05 pm

If an application for permanent residence is declined, on the basis of insufficient documentation, will the Home Office provide another 5 year resident resident card ?

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Denial of permanent card / new 5 year resident status ?

Post by sagareva » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:09 pm

not automatically. you have to apply for it. but you are not precluded from applying of course-- remember your rights arise under EU law. they exist. the card is only a confirmation document.

you may just as well re-apply for permanent residence card with more evidence or not apply for anything at all, technically it does not affect your right to live and work in the UK
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

albrechtjc
Newly Registered

Post by albrechtjc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:31 pm

is the payment of taxes a formal element of the definition of being self employed ? or is working as self enployed the most important element of the analysis ?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:36 pm

Well according to this UK case law, an EEA national can still be considered a "worker" if he's not paying his taxes and N.I. if his work is genuine and effective.

albrechtjc
Newly Registered

Post by albrechtjc » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:13 pm

then, why is the application for Permanent Residence focused so much on the confirmation of Self-employment and tax documents ?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:43 pm

rosebead wrote:Well according to this UK case law, an EEA national can still be considered a "worker" if he's not paying his taxes and N.I. if his work is genuine and effective.
What a joke. How comes the business activities without paying taxes can be genuine and effective rather not paying the tax may indicate that business runner is not serious and not doing that activity effectively. At least NI tax payment and accountant along with business bank statement must reveal some reliable transaction. Even non-payment is not essentially needed in EU law but it may effect self employment in the eyes of caseworker.