ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of Tier1 (General) removal on existing ILRs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

predha02
Newly Registered

Impact of Tier1 (General) removal on existing ILRs

Post by predha02 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi All,

Given that Home Office have decided that there'll be no Tier1 (General) category from now on, will there be any impact on those who got their ILRs through Tier1 (General) channel at all ?

1. I got mine through a combination of WP + Tier1 (General) in Dec 2012....and will be applying for a Citizenship through NCS in the next month or so.

2. My wife came to UK first in April 2012 and was on PBS- Tier1 (Dependant) for a couple of years. Last year in April she also got her ILR.

Will either of us be affected at all please?

Thanks in advance!

vinny

Re: Impact of Tier1 (General) removal on existing ILRs

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:14 pm

I don't see any impact the closure of Tier 1 (General) has on people who have already been granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.