ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query regarding gap in 10 year long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silence79
Newly Registered

query regarding gap in 10 year long residency

Post by silence79 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi,
I need some advice regarding the 10 year residency pathway to get ILR. I have lived in UK as student since august 2006 to august 2011 so I stayed 5 years. In august 2011 I went back to Pakistan as my student visa expired, I had submitted my dissertation while being in UK and went to Pakistan so that when I get the degree I can apply for PSW. The results of my dissertation came late and it took me 8 months to come back to UK because of delays in getting my degree. I came back in may 2012 on PSW visa and applied for tier 1 entrepreneur in April 2014 and still waiting for the decision. I have completed three years now.
My query is if I stay for two more years then it would make 10 years. Would I be able to apply for ILR on the basis of these 10 years or the gap of 8 months would affect my application? And in case if my application is refused would it possible that judge can ignore this gap in my appeal as I had no control in getting my degree on time from the university in UK while being in Pakistan for 8 months.

Please advise.
Thank you

riz1986

Re: query regarding gap in 10 year long residency

Post by riz1986 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:06 pm

the gap for long residence should not be more than 6 months and in ur case unfortunately ur long residence is broken.