ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp visa running out No Job Yet

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gogo
Newly Registered

hsmp visa running out No Job Yet

Post by gogo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:05 pm

Hi my question (regards to my friend) to the forum is that my friend came in uk on one year hsmp visa which is gonna finish in october 2007. He has got ni number but he has not got a job yet he applied for so many. He is bit slow as well.
can he make a flr application in these circumstances or does he has to go back ?
thanks

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: hsmp visa running out No Job Yet

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:07 pm

gogo wrote:Hi my question (regards to my friend) to the forum is that my friend came in uk on one year hsmp visa which is gonna finish in october 2007. He has got ni number but he has not got a job yet he applied for so many. He is bit slow as well.
can he make a flr application in these circumstances or does he has to go back ?
thanks
Well given the circumstances its highly unlikely he will get an extension unless he finds a job very soon
Magsi

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:22 pm

or ask your friend if he comes under transitional arrangements??
If yes there is still a chance mate....

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:29 pm

herts wrote:or ask your friend if he comes under transitional arrangements??
Without a job?

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:32 pm

yes...

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:14 pm

It seems most unlikely that he would qualify for the transitional arrangements as an employee, since he won't have been in employment for the eight months required. In like vein, to qualify for the transitional arrangements under the self-employed category, he would have had to have been running a business for at least four months prior to applying for FLR (and also have six months forward contracts). AG

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:33 pm

The transtitional arregement is only applicable to people on self employed, not unemployed.
herts wrote:or ask your friend if he comes under transitional arrangements??
Pantaiema

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:52 pm

The only way he has a chance is that he needs to find a job.
He really needs to figure it out

makon

Post by makon » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:45 am

why was your friend given one year instead of the initial 2 years? Did he got his EC when people were given only 1 year visa? From which UK High Commission did he got his EC? The reason I am asking this questions is that a friend of mine had a similar problem. He was given 1 year instead of 2 years, and the visa was expiring this July when he did not have a job yet.

He then complained to the High Commission where he got his EC. He told them that based on the rule in place when he applied he should have been given 2 years. The High Commission then apologised and issued him with a letter. He then submitted the letter to the Home Office with his passport and he was given another 1 year to make up for the initial 2 years he should have been given

Post by 1971 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:38 pm

@Gogo,

I think your you friend was alot slow. It is stated clearly in the FLR(HSMP) Guidance note for 'Transitional arrangement for self-employed'. It is the only escape route for all that have not found a skilled job. He should have been reading the rules from the moment it changed.But we cannot cry over a spilled milk. You can ask your friend to look for a good accountant/solicitor to help him out as he cannot do apply under the 'transitional arrangement for self employed' now cos he needs to prove to HO that he has registered his self-employed business and have been trading for the past 4 months prior to his FLR application. This he can substantiate with his Bank statements,invoices issued to customers and a audited or unaudited account which all evidences that his company is registered with HMRC for tax returns and NICO contributions.Since he has less time to do this and that he cannot meet this criteria at the moment in time,please,tell him to see a good and understanding accountant/solicitor to see how they can help him with some of these docs.He may have to pay extras for this, but what else can he do, except he is ready to go back home. The other alternative is for him to take a very 'BIG' risk arguing with the HO that he got his approval based on the old rules and that is what he will apply his FLR on. HO normally gives another 6 months grace to such applicant so that the applicant can do all the new rules reuqirements so as to get their FLR. This is quite complex and dicey but if he has no choice, he has to do either of these options or be ready to go back home. I do not pray for this to happen to him. He's got to act fast.

If you believe, you can WIN.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:39 pm

1971 wrote:please,tell him to see a good and understanding accountant/solicitor to see how they can help him with some of these docs.
Are you actually suggesting that the OP's friend gets fake documents or lies? :oops: