ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Issue. Pls help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

foxtrot1234
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Issue. Pls help

Post by foxtrot1234 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi Amber,Vinny and others Guru
Could you please advise me on this subject matter,

First I came to UK with my spouse on 2yrs visitor visa in Jan 2003, overstayed my visa, visa expired in August 2004. My family and I applied for Further Leave to Remain in UK with Home office in November 2004 but our pending application remained with Home office without refused for almost 4years. In June 2008, Home office granted me and my family 3years Discretionary leave to remain and second extension has been granted as well. ILR was granted on Sept 2014 but I want to know whether I can apply for naturalization in sept 2015.

Now my question will my previous overstaying visa affect my naturalization if I apply in sept 2015
Do i need to wait till sept 2019 before i apply for naturalisation or
Can i consider November 2004 as my starting point when we applied for FLRO as the starting period we declared ourselves to Home Office.
pls i want to know whether the date of FLRO appplication received by HO or the date of leave to remain in uk apprroved can be used as a starting date toward 10yrs for naturalisation due to past overstaying.

Please your advice will be well appreciated.

Foxtrot1234

foxtrot1234
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Issue. Pls help

Post by foxtrot1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi gurus, pls your advice will be well appreciated about naturalisation issue due to past overstayed in UK. Many thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 pm

As per my understanding you would have become an overstayer from August 2004 until you were granted leave in June 2008. Therefore to meet the good character requirement you would need to wait 10 years from June 2008.

foxtrot1234
Newly Registered

Post by foxtrot1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi cs95tdg, thanks for your prompt response. From different source, it's say when you make yourself known to Home office. Is it true. I made myself known to home office when I applied for FLR. Pls is it applicable to me.

Many thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm not aware of such a source or rule, but you may want to wait for others comment further.

As per my understanding for s3c/d to come into effect (to stop you from becoming an overstayer), your original application would have to have been made in-time while you had valid leave. But with the information you have outlined this doesn't appear to have been the case.