ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi all - Need ur advice regarding ielts bands

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aarti Yadav
Newly Registered

Hi all - Need ur advice regarding ielts bands

Post by Aarti Yadav » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:22 am

Hi friends!!
I m new to this forum.. actualy i was searching some information regarding ielts bands requirements for PR to australia....
i have received my TRA but i have to clear ielts exam.. so i want to know how much bands are required from 10 for passing this exam..according to revised scheme..........

kindly help
:(

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:12 pm

Hi --

Australia points-test requirements

Generally, you need 6 or better on IELTS. 7 or better in all categories gets you a points bonus.

the Admin

thinker

Hi Aarthi

Post by thinker » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:38 am

Hi Aarthi,

If you have got your Skill assessment from TRA which is for Tradesperson, you only need vocational level of English or a band score of at least 5 in all categories in IELTS to claim 15 points.

However, If you are able to score 7 or more in all categories, you will be eligible for 25 points.

I also believe that you are doing your visa process by yourself, if you are doing it yourself it will be a good idea get some help in doing it. Best way to minimise your cost is buying a DIY visa kit.

Some suggestions are:(search in google for "diy australia migration")
http://www.diyaustraliamigration.com
http://www.visacorp.com.au

Hope this helps!