ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about fetching the UK NARIC certificate for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Venkataraghavan
Newly Registered

Query about fetching the UK NARIC certificate for ILR

Post by Venkataraghavan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi,

My name is Venkat, I am in UK under TIER1 General VISA and about to apply for ILR in next month with my wife, who is with TIER1 General Dependant VISA.

I have the degree certificate and the medium of instruction letter from the university to prove that the degree was researched/taught in English, but my wife has degree certificate only, then I thought of taking the screen print of point based calculator by entering my wife's educational qualification and the university which awarded the degree, as I had read somewhere that this screen print along with the degree certificate would prove that the degree was researched/taught in English, but unfortunately there is no option for me to select the TIER1 General category now as it is been removed from the point based calculator.

While filling "Section 4 - Knowledge of language and life in the UK" in the new version of the SET(O) application form which is meant for ILR, I had no option to select unless and until I have a UK NARIC certificate confirming that the qualification was taught or reserached in English.

Does this mean that we (myself and my wife) have to obtain the UK NARIC certificate as a mandatory requirement to prove that the degree was researched/taught in English while applying for ILR now ?

Can anyone who have applied for ILR recently please guide me the approach to take ?

Thanking you in advance,
With Regards,
Venkat

montysingh

Re: Query about fetching the UK NARIC certificate for ILR

Post by montysingh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:26 pm

hello mate

I had my ILR approved last week on the basis of my indian degree and i did tick the option on SET O form where it says you got the letter from Naric even though i didn't have one. I also attached a copy of PBS calculator where my degree was awarded english language points. The PBS calc. for Tier 1 is taken off so i used tier 2 calculator and took a printout with me and no questions was asked at all.

Venkataraghavan
Newly Registered

Post by Venkataraghavan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Thank you very much for your response and support mate, I also got the same reply from one of the home office representative.

With Regards,
Venkat

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 pm

@MontySingh - Did you apply using the New form set after 6th April 2015?

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 pm

s4salil wrote:@MontySingh - Did you apply using the New form set after 6th April 2015?
yes mate

i applied with the new form