ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement test & NHS surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RJF1979

English requirement test & NHS surcharge

Post by RJF1979 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:30 am

Hello how are we all this morning

I'm from Northern Ireland & I have a Venezuelan fiancé,

What English test course is accepted in the UK I'm not sure what one my fiancé to take I would be soooo greatful for your help

And another question is

What is the NHS surcharge does my fiancé need to have this when applying for spouse visa/fiancé

I would be a great help &I hope to here from you all soon take care

I'm confused to this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English requirement test & NHS surcharge

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:42 am

Not clear from your post if your fiance is in the UK or not.

She needs English level A1. Details of approved tests and providers in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

NHS surcharge is payable yes. £200 per year payable upfront at point of application for the duration of the spouse visa validity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:49 am

I'm sorry mate

My wife to be is from Venezuela sorry for the confusing

I wasn't sure what English course to take

Thank you again for getting back to me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:54 am

The English requirement is the same for a fiance visa and a spouse visa.

Do you meet the financial requirement of £18,600 or substantial savings??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello thank again

I work in tesco and I am contract 27 hours my monthly income is around £838 a month I have savings accounts one has 24 grand and my other account has around 9000.. Can I combine my savings and earnings together?

I've been to Venezuela once & my fiance has been to see me twice in Northern Ireland

She came in February 2013 for a 11 days and then she came to see me for 2 months in May & June 2014

I went to Venezuela in October 2014 for 13 days to meet her family

I know the UK government has changed for people from Venezuela to visit the UK need a visa now

My fiancé was turned twice for a tourist visa to see me, I'm worried that when get married they might turn us down because of being turned down before

Thank you for getting back to me :-)

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Savings and income can be combined.

If your savings is £33,000 in total, then you would need to be earning £11,800 per annum gross for the combination. Do note that savings must have be held for a minimum of six months.

At £838 per month (I am assuming this is gross amount as you haven't mention this since you are doing only 27 hours), this comes to a total of £10,056 so unfortunately you fall short.

You would need savings of at least £37,360 for the earnings you are on now, or you would need to increase your contracted hours or a second job to be earning over £11,800 with your current savings.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi sorry i am only getting back you as i am at work..

My pay goes up & downs each month ive made this year over £12365 from april to april i get my p60 in my next months pay slip.

Could i use this years p60 for the visa?

Thank you & to here from you soon :-)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:48 pm

You have to submit payslips and UKVI will use the lowest pay to make the calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks for getting back to me :-)

I wanted to ask a question, with me being born in northern ireland i have a british passport & i was thinkinh of applying for my irish passport,

I was wounding could i rent a house in south but still work in northern ireland as i am only 8 miles from the broader and bring my wife to be in through dublin.

I am all new to this and its all confusing to me..

I would soo greatful to here from you take care from rory

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:55 pm

[quote="CR001"]You have to submit payslips and UKVI will use the lowest pay to make the calculation.[/quote]

CR001, isn't it the Cat A non-Salaried where average income is calculated but not the lowest one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 pm

5.1.4. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is
how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout
the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary
which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure
used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during
the 6 month period.
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual
employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the
person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months
prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the
following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by
6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards
the financial requirement.

Example (c)
The applicant’s partner is in non-salaried employment in the UK. He works on a weekly rota
basis and does not receive any paid holidays. He has earned £450 each week in the same
job for the last 7 calendar months, except for the week prior to the date of application when
he earned £150 owing to a holiday.
Non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6 month
period, divided by 6) x 12
= ((25 weeks x 450 + 1 week x 150) ÷ 6) x 12
= (11,400 ÷ 6) x 12
= £22,800
So the financial requirement is met through Category A non-salaried employment.

CR001, here 150 was lowest but why it was calculated towards income and financial requirement has been met also?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:52 am

Salaried and non salaried pay is calculated differently.

For salaried, its the lowest monthly amount taken and multiplied by 12 to work out the annual figure.

However, for non salaried as is the case for the OP, is the average pay is taken, hence taking the total of the six months period and dividing by six, then multiply by twelve to calculate the annual figure, as explained in section 5.14 above.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:42 pm

RJF1979 wrote:Thanks for getting back to me :-)

I wanted to ask a question, with me being born in northern ireland i have a british passport & i was thinkinh of applying for my irish passport,

I was wounding could i rent a house in south but still work in northern ireland as i am only 8 miles from the broader and bring my wife to be in through dublin.

I am all new to this and its all confusing to me..

I would soo greatful to here from you take care from rory
For this to work I understand you'd have to give up your British Citizenship.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi al I wanted to thank everyone for there posts :-)

How does the eea permet work?

Does it mean I have to work & live in the Republic of Ireland ? How do I go about getting this?

Because we want to live here in in Ireland or Northern Ireland

Thanks

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Sun May 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi all just to get back to you

From april 2014 to April 2015 I made 12,436 in the year, I think I understand it's what you make in the year before tax if that is right?

So I Made gross 12,436

I have 2 savings accounts one has £24,300 and the other one has over 9000

Sorry if I am repeating myself just confusing