ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel abroad during RC application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Travel abroad during RC application

Post by a.s.b.o » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Advise is sought whether the applicant can leave UK during the RC application and if yes, would it/ would not affect the RC application outcome?

Many thanks for your help with this one as I was not able to find an explicit answer in this forum

ASBO

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Travel abroad during RC application

Post by rosebead » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Travel abroad is not going to have an effect on a RC application as long as there is always an EU sponsor resident in the host State for the family member to derive rights from. Coming back with COA should be ok if the family member is a direct family member, but the family member should certainly carry proofs with him that his EU sponsor is exercsing Treaty rights in the UK and if relevant, proof of dependency. However airlines do not recognise COA for travel.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:20 pm

If the RC applicant still has a valid EEA Family Permit it should be no problem, whether travelling with the EU citizen or alone.

if they have a passport which does not require a visa for entering the UK:
If travelling with the EU citizen, they should have no problem
If travelling alone they should carry a copy of their RC application, and make sure the EU citizen is easily contactable on their arrival back in the UK.

if they have a passport which does require a visa for entering the UK, and they do not have an EEA Family Permit:
Difficult to do, unless travelling together with the EU citizen by land to Europe.

Note also that I would not advise travel alone if it is not 100% clear that the RC will be approved. e.g If there was ever any history of immigration department problems.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you guys. The key variant is whether the applicant is a visa national; and if yes, it would be immensely more difficult to accommodate travel plans.

This is more difficult in our situation as my parents' EEA FP's come to an end in less than 4 weeks. I advise them not to travel.

Many thanks