ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorced

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Divorced

Post by nash45 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for Naturalisation. I got one doubt in filling the current marital status. I am divorced in India and not got any children. I have not mentioned this in any of my credit or bank details or else where. Even I do not have any document with me. So what can be right answer. Can I tick the box Divorced or civil partnership dissolved or shall I tick the first one Single/never married.

I do not mind to tick the second option but I am worried because I have not mentioned any where else in UK.

Any help or relevant information will be very helpful to me.

Thank You All in Advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Divorced

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:39 pm

It's always unwise to lie on an official document. State the truth - divorced.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 pm

nash45 wrote:I have not mentioned any where else in UK.
Was it ever required to mention your marital status before?! if yes then did you lie that you were never married?
If the HO finds out you have lied on the application then it will be a 10 year ban!
Manka

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash45 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Casa wrote:It's always unwise to lie on an official document. State the truth - divorced.

Thank You

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash45 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Manka10 wrote:
Was it ever required to mention your marital status before?! if yes then did you lie that you were never married?
If the HO finds out you have lied on the application then it will be a 10 year ban!
I did not say I was never married. I said single.

Thank You

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash45 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:50 pm

nash45 wrote:
Manka10 wrote:
I did not say I was never married. I said single.

Thank You

If I tick the option divorced do I need to submit the document.

nash45
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash45 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm

AS far I am aware there was no option when applying ILR to tell about martial status and when opening bank accounts also I ticked single and there was no option never married.

Can any body tell me whether I have to update with banks. I have checked my credit accounts and there was nothing mentioned about the marital status.

Thank You