ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA APP- Not Seen My Wife For 3 Years????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tonybritish
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA APP- Not Seen My Wife For 3 Years????

Post by tonybritish » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello Everybody, I am so glad I have seen this website - been stressing myself for a long time since I read everyone stories.

My situation, I am british born and got married in India in 2012. Application got refused due to income. Now my income is £25k I meet the income criteria. But the only problem is I have not met my wife for 3 years. Is this a problem or is it okay?

I can prove it a genuine marriage and communication throughout the 3 years. E.g. Skype, Whatsap, Lycamobile, Email, Letters, Courier and even couple western union transfers.

What is everyone thought on this? I was thinking of putting the application in next week. Please advise? It is very difficult for me to travel abroad due to other commitments.

Can anyone shed some light?
Last edited by tonybritish on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: SPOUSE VISA APP- Not Seen My Wife For 3 Years????

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:30 pm

tonybritish wrote: I can prove it a genuine marriage and communication throughout the 3 years. E.g. Skype, Whatsap, Lycamobile, Email, Letters, Courier and even couple western union transfers.

This should do

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:45 pm

tonybritish wrote: My situation, I am british born and got married in India in 2013.
Trying to work this one out. You got married 2 years ago but haven't seen your wife for 3 years :?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

tonybritish
Newly Registered

Post by tonybritish » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks guys. It was error. I got married 2012

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:33 pm

You have met, so that part of the rules will be met. You will need to show that there is a subsisting relationship.

The communication over this period may assist.

The failure to visit over the 3 years, is a factor which may be used, but it should not be decisive to the application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tonybritish
Newly Registered

Post by tonybritish » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Phil thanks a lot. So I should be able to secure the visa. Also any other ways I can make my case stronger