ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS surcharge totally unfair

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tehmina

NHS surcharge totally unfair

Post by tehmina » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:26 am

Nhs surcharge for family members is total unfair

when someone (British citizen) is earning above 18600 it means he is paying tax and NI and not getting anything in Return and now he has to pay NHS surcharge in order to bring his/her spouse and if having kids or new born than it gets doubled.

if a Person who is EU/ EEA national and living in UK and wants to bring his family ,he has to pay No Visa Fee and no NHS Surcharge.

when

totally unfair and discriminatory act.
Visa Timeline
Online Application: 08/06/15 Type: Spouse Visa
Documents Submitted @ ISB: 12/06/15
Documents Received BHC ISB: 17/06/15
Esclation -6th August ---pres assessment done.
Update 12 August --application in progress.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: NHS surcharge totally unfair

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:33 am

£200 a year is very good value for health insurance, think I was paying around that a month in CH....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:17 pm

tehmina wrote:Nhs surcharge for family members is total unfair

when someone (British citizen) is earning above 18600 it means he is paying tax and NI and not getting anything in Return and now he has to pay NHS surcharge in order to bring his/her spouse and if having kids or new born than it gets doubled.

if a Person who is EU/ EEA national and living in UK and wants to bring his family ,he has to pay No Visa Fee and no NHS Surcharge.

when

I agree with the points related to EEA national as they are given more rights in the UK than a British Citizen gets.

However, the NHS Surcharge is not payable by you as the sponsor but it is payable by the applicant who hasn't paid any taxes or NI and would be able to use the NHS when they arrive here. You paying on the applicant's behalf is entirely different.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:52 pm

tehmina wrote:Nhs surcharge for family members is total unfair

when

My husband was in a job within 3 months of arriving so he is already paying into the NHS. I could understand the onus being on us to cover this cost if he wasn't paying into the system.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:16 pm

I think you have to put a value on the benefit of the NHS, it's fully comprehensive and cover pre-existing conditions, for 16 quid a month try elsewhere, will be 10-20 times that amount.

Bear in mind too a lot of South Asian cultures actively promote first-cousin marriages, and thereby the birth defects that follow, it's a good deal.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:34 pm

Wanderer your reply was rude & out of order you need to watch what you say sometimes on these forums.

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:06 pm

njoy1987 wrote:Wanderer your reply was rude & out of order you need to watch what you say sometimes on these forums.
What was rude about any of Wanderer's replies? Please tell me which part you feel is rude

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Are you his secretary?

I would leave it to the mods to decide

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 pm

njoy1987 wrote:Are you his secretary?
No but I'm intrigued as to what part of his reply was rude and why he should watch what he says. Personally I don't find anything wrong with them so I'd like to be aware in case I offer advice that people don't like.... :wink: