ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization and Police Caution

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnycamb
Newly Registered

Naturalization and Police Caution

Post by sunnycamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Dear all,

I am due for naturalization after 1 year of ILR and 5 year Tier-1 Route.

But

I have received Police Caution for theft about 10 year back in 2004.

Am I still eligible to apply as new rule of good character says:

We may disregard a single non-custodial sentence, providing it did not occur in the final
12 months of the applicant’s residential qualifying period, if there are strong countervailing
factors which suggest the person is of good character in all other regards and the
decision to refuse would be disproportionate. Offences involving dishonesty (e.g. theft),
violence or sexual offences or drugs would not be disregarded.

This is the only caution/issue have with my history

Any suggestions on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

SunnyCamb

Trahman007

Re: Naturalization and Police Caution

Post by Trahman007 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:16 am

As far as I know u Should be okay as ur crime was 10 years ago

what is written above is only if you had done the crime in the last year and u wanted it to be disregarded.
if you had been convicted of theft in the last 12 months then it would not be ignored as part of your good character requirements.

sunnycamb
Newly Registered

Post by sunnycamb » Mon May 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello Seniors,

Can you please help to answer if 10 year old caution[Theft] effect naturalization application. Reason I am asking few people on this forum have mentioned that caution after three years still judged on its nature. In my case it was using someone else ticket on trains[Theft :( ].

I will appreciate any information on this.

Thanks,

SunnyCamb

gulll

Post by gulll » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi there,
Am in the same boat as you are. My time to naturalists is due but am too worried about my caution issued almost 7 years ago.
Will you plz share your experience, what have you done in this regard? Can't see any positive response from senior members here.
sunnycamb wrote:Hello Seniors,

Can you please help to answer if 10 year old caution[Theft] effect naturalization application. Reason I am asking few people on this forum have mentioned that caution after three years still judged on its nature. In my case it was using someone else ticket on trains[Theft :( ].

I will appreciate any information on this.

Thanks,

SunnyCamb