ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive sickness insurance for EEA PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manolesta
Italy

Comprehensive sickness insurance for EEA PR

Post by manolesta » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 am

Hello to everybody. I need to buy a comprehensive sickness insurance just to cover me and my wife for the next two weeks. Anybody know if Bupa comprehensive is ok for the UKBA or someone know a " better" solution?!

From today I am unemployed, but I could not buy it is it ok if I will buy it tomorrow?
Or they can say that today i was not covered?

i only need an answer for this question, for my situation there is another post and I have already been answered very clearly! Cheers!

manolesta
Italy

Re: Comprehensive sickness insurance for EEA PR

Post by manolesta » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:32 am

I have tried to buy a CSI to be covered for two weeks, but I have been told from the insurer that I need buy it for a minimum of one year because if I cancel it before they will need to contact the UKBA. It looks like no insurance, even BUPA sell CSI for just two weeks.
So you need to buy it for a larger period and then after two weeks cancel it, but doing so the UKBA will reject your application, it is tru?!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Comprehensive sickness insurance for EEA PR

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:58 am

At the moment there is no pay as you go styled private medical insurance offering by any company. Usually all plans are yearly based although many companies offer 28 days to cacel them. But usually for cancelling these plans during such grace periods the holders will need to send back all the paper work/documents they have received from insurance provider.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS