ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOOD NEWS FOR STAMP 4EUFAM.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

GOOD NEWS FOR STAMP 4EUFAM.

Post by ghulammemon198 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:22 pm

I came to know that NON-EU FAMILY MEMBERS WITH RESIDENCE CARD OR STAMP 4 EUFAM can enter the UK without applying for EEA Permit. Please visit this page.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card

I will appreciate if someone can confirm this information.

jeupsy

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR STAMP 4EUFAM.

Post by jeupsy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanks for sharing this.

It seems pretty clear to me - it looks like the UK have changed their policies and are now officially accepting Stamp 4EUFam as a visa exemption.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Sat May 09, 2015 5:30 pm

As far as my understanding goes, it doesn't apply to non-eu family members of uk citizens living and working in Ireland. They still need a family permit

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Sun May 10, 2015 12:00 am

It applies to everyone.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Sun May 10, 2015 8:16 am

I'd love to know where you got your information alphagear. According to the EU rights clinic blog http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/eu-rights-clinic/, it makes clear that the uk government still considers it necessary for the uk citizen to prove "centre of life" and goes on to say:

"As a result of this continuing discrepancy between the EU and UK rules, family members of British citizens residing in another EEA state are therefore encouraged to apply for an EEA Family Permit before travelling back to the UK."

If you have something more up to date like some government advisement or trustworthy sources, please share them.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun May 10, 2015 10:52 am

I am not sure about family members of UK citizens:
- on one hand you could see since they are family members of UK citizens the UK can treat them based on UK national law rather that European directives
- but on the other hand once you are exercising Treaty Rights in another country, there is an bit of a consensus that when you return home you can benefit from some benefits of the EU directive

benfares

Post by benfares » Tue May 12, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi Folks

It Applies to everyone the guy who won the case was British and his wife was Colombian.Great news