ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hellonewhere

Please advise.

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:40 am

The home office requested for further evidence of residence on 01/04/2015 which I was met to send by the deadline of 17/04/2015.

I sent these via royal mail special delivery - proof of delivery states it was delivered on 10/04/2015.

This morning I received an email from CT1ConsularReplies@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

stating - I refer to your application for British citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send all of the following original documents to this office by 8/05/15. Alternative evidence of your residence in the UK from 01/07/09 to 21/02/12.

This is the same period they had asked me for which I sent to them.

I am extremely stressed out as I am confused why they are asking me for the same documents?.

I replied back on the email stating that I have sent them the same documents already and I also attached the proof of delivery.

I received an automatic reply "If your application is currently ongoing we aim to reply within 14 days".

I am considerably concerned as they have given me until 08/05/2015 to send them the documents, failing which, it's an automatic refusal.

I don't know what to do.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Please advise.

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:58 am

This is indeed tricky. Did you send originals the first time?

Seniors can tell you better. Personally just to be on safe side, I'd scan the evidence and post the same evidence/photocopies again to postal address, then attach scanned copies along with evidence of postal delivery and reply to this email address. Explaining everything.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:10 am

Hi fwd079, thanks for the reply.

Yes I sent all the original documents. I sent 80 original documents along with a cover letter listing all the documents according to the numbers.

I will do as your suggestion tomorrow as all the copies are at home and I am currently at work.

I am worried that all my documents have been misplaced by the HO.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:45 pm

The caseworker replied to my email;

Dear Mrs xxxxx

Thank you for your recent correspondence and the evidence enclosed. The previous caseworker is no longer dealing with your case, this has been passed to me for my consideration. I have noted the evidence that you supplied, unfortunately these documents are not acceptable for Nationality purposes.

On 27th March we requested evidence of residence to cover the period from 01/07/09 – 21/10/12 the documents supplied do not meet this requirement.

Acceptable forms of evidence can be : letters from your employers confirming dates of employment, salary or wage slips, Letter from schools, colleges, universities or other public or private establishments confirming enrolment on a course of study or vocational training and your dates of attendance.

I have included a list of examples of evidence for your reference.

Annex

ALTERNATIVE EVIDENCE OF RESIDENCE

If you are unable to provide a passport or travel document to cover your qualifying period of residence in the UK, you should send alternative evidence of your residence in this period.

Examples of alternative evidence are:

Employed / unemployed

· Letters from employers confirming your dates of employment.

· Salary or wage slips.

· P60 tax certificates.

· Statements from HM Revenue & Customs confirming the dates of payment of National Insurance contributions.

· Letters from the Department of Work and Pensions confirming the dates of receipt of job seeker’s allowance, incapacity benefit, child benefit etc.

· Occupational pension statements.

Self-employed or business person

· Statements from HM Revenue and Customs confirming the dates of payment of taxes and National Insurance contributions.

Student

· Letters from schools, colleges, universities or other public or private establishments confirming enrolment on a course of study or vocational training and your dates of attendance.

Self-sufficient

· Statement(s) of funds, assets and any other sources of income held.

Retired

· Confirmation of date of receipt of State pension.

Sorry for any confusion my e.mail may have caused, I trust this clarifies what is required. The documents should be sent to this office by 8th May.

Yours sincerely,

****Amongst my documents, I sent letters of enrolment from the school I was attending plus qualifications achieved.

The school has since closed down so I can't get any documents from the school.

I don't know what else to send as I sent everything already. Looks like it's going to be a refusal.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:53 pm

hellonewhere wrote:The caseworker replied to my email;

Dear Mrs xxxxx

Thank you for your recent correspondence and the evidence enclosed. The previous caseworker is no longer dealing with your case, this has been passed to me for my consideration. I have noted the evidence that you supplied, unfortunately these documents are not acceptable for Nationality purposes.

On 27th March we requested evidence of residence to cover the period from 01/07/09 – 21/10/12 the documents supplied do not meet this requirement.

Acceptable forms of evidence can be : letters from your employers confirming dates of employment, salary or wage slips, Letter from schools, colleges, universities or other public or private establishments confirming enrolment on a course of study or vocational training and your dates of attendance. Good luck.

I have included a list of examples of evidence for your reference.

Annex

ALTERNATIVE EVIDENCE OF RESIDENCE

If you are unable to provide a passport or travel document to cover your qualifying period of residence in the UK, you should send alternative evidence of your residence in this period.

Examples of alternative evidence are:

Employed / unemployed

· Letters from employers confirming your dates of employment.

· Salary or wage slips.

· P60 tax certificates.

· Statements from HM Revenue & Customs confirming the dates of payment of National Insurance contributions.

· Letters from the Department of Work and Pensions confirming the dates of receipt of job seeker’s allowance, incapacity benefit, child benefit etc.

· Occupational pension statements.

Self-employed or business person

· Statements from HM Revenue and Customs confirming the dates of payment of taxes and National Insurance contributions.

Student

· Letters from schools, colleges, universities or other public or private establishments confirming enrolment on a course of study or vocational training and your dates of attendance.

Self-sufficient

· Statement(s) of funds, assets and any other sources of income held.

Retired

· Confirmation of date of receipt of State pension.

Sorry for any confusion my e.mail may have caused, I trust this clarifies what is required. The documents should be sent to this office by 8th May.

Yours sincerely,
Seniors can tell you better in this regard. Bue personally I'd reply to email you just received and highlight the bold part in my reply (as I did above) to their email send only the scanned copy of school documents which should confirm your stay here during that period. Telling that my school documents confirm my stay here.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks fwd079 - I did that already and waiting to hear from the caseworker.

But I don't think she will accept as she has already mentioned in her email.

It's disheartening.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:15 pm

hellonewhere wrote:Thanks fwd079 - I did that already and waiting to hear from the caseworker.

It's disheartening.
Sorry for your state.
I was just thinking, there must be something you can provide. That even if school is closed, you can ask local council (example)to check for your enrolment and study records since school is closed. If they have the records then you can provide that with cover letter. This is your best bet in my view. Or otherwise you can request SAR to look for records and provide a copy perhaps?

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Oh god am going to lose my head.

She just replied

Dear Mrs xxxx

Thank you for your email.

The documents you have provided have been thoroughly assessed. Unfortunately we are unable to accept bank statements, or individual letters relating to your studies as they do not provide an overall picture of your residence in the United Kingdom.

As the annex previously provided explains we accept p60’s or payslips as this shows the period you have been working. Alternatively employment letters confirming when you started work and when you left or whether the position is still ongoing. Evidence in relation to studying in the UK, should confirm when you started your course, when it was completed and that you attended on a regular basis. If you have a benefit letter, again it should state the date the claim started and when it ended.

Whilst I appreciate you have provided us with bank statements and other personal correspondence, we are not able to accept them as evidence that you were present in the UK between the dates requested.

As my previous emails explain this evidence is required by the 8 May 2015. Final consideration of your application will be made on that date on the information available.

Yours sincerely

I HAVE PROVIDED THE SCHOOL ENROLMENT LETTERS FROM 2008-2011.

I got my ILR in June 2011 and the school closed down in Sept 2011.

I didn't start to work until 16/04/2012 and this doesn't cover the period she asked for.

I don't know. I give up.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:19 pm

fwd079 wrote:
hellonewhere wrote:Thanks fwd079 - I did that already and waiting to hear from the caseworker.

It's disheartening.
Sorry for your state.
I was just thinking, there must be something you can provide. That even if school is closed, you can ask local council (example)to check for your enrolment and study records since school is closed. If they have the records then you can provide that with cover letter. This is your best bet in my view. Or otherwise you can request SAR to look for records and provide a copy perhaps?

Thank you. She wants them by 08/05/2015 - not enough time.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:52 pm

hellonewhere wrote:Oh god am going to lose my head.

She just replied

Dear Mrs xxxx

The documents you have provided have been thoroughly assessed. Unfortunately we are unable to accept bank statements, or individual letters relating to your studies as they do not provide an overall picture of your residence in the United Kingdom.

As the annex previously provided explains we accept p60’s or payslips as this shows the period you have been working. Alternatively employment letters confirming when you started work and when you left or whether the position is still ongoing. Evidence in relation to studying in the UK, should confirm when you started your course, when it was completed and that you attended on a regular basis. If you have a benefit letter, again it should state the date the claim started and when it ended.

Whilst I appreciate you have provided us with bank statements and other personal correspondence, we are not able to accept them as evidence that you were present in the UK between the dates requested.

As my previous emails explain this evidence is required by the 8 May 2015. Final consideration of your application will be made on that date on the information available.

Yours sincerely

I didn't start to work until 16/04/2012 and this doesn't cover the period she asked for.

I don't know. I give up.
Hi,

I'm on same boat as you are. My institute closed after 8 months I left them. Please keep us updated as it would be very unfair if HO rejects naturalisation just because the school/college we went was closed down later on.

They're asking for "Evidence in relation to studying in the UK, should confirm when you started your course, when it was completed and that you attended on a regular basis."

Meaning only a certificate from the school will confirm that you ended the course and attended it on regular basis. Hopefully you will get it!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:03 pm

I'm not sure if I can help or add any value here, but do have a question to understand the reason for the request made by the HO. Under which route were you granted ILR? If it was under the long residence route, did you face any issues at the time of that application when providing evidence to support lawful residence (as from what I can see that appears to be what's being questioned by the HO here)? It may help if you post your immigration history to comment further.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:
hellonewhere wrote:Oh god am going to lose my head.

She just replied

Dear Mrs xxxx

Yours sincerely

I don't know. I give up.
Hi,

I'm on same boat as you are. My institute closed after 8 months I left them. Please keep us updated as it would be very unfair if HO rejects naturalisation just because the school/college we went was closed down later on.

They're asking for "Evidence in relation to studying in the UK, should confirm when you started your course, when it was completed and that you attended on a regular basis."

Meaning only a certificate from the school will confirm that you ended the course and attended it on regular basis. Hopefully you will get it!

Hi thanks for the reply.

I sent letters of enrolment from the school from 2008-2011. I also sent the qualification I achieved. I also sent confirmation of progress from the school.
I have been working in the field in I studied for since 2012; I have also since become a member of the body I studied for.

I have asked her to look through my immigration for letters of attendance as I supplied those for my student visas.

I was in the same school for ten years.

I have a feeling she will refuse it as she has clearly stated.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:15 pm

cs95tdg wrote:I'm not sure if I can help or add any value here, but do have a question to understand the reason for the request made by the HO. Under which route were you granted ILR? If it was under the long residence route, did you face any issues at the time of that application when providing evidence to support lawful residence (as from what I can see that appears to be what's being questioned by the HO here)? It may help if you post your immigration history to comment further.
No never any problems. Same school from age 18 until 2011 when I received ILR based on ten years residence.
During the ten years I applied for visa every year without any issues.

And I am still working in the same field.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:16 pm

cs95tdg wrote:I'm not sure if I can help or add any value here, but do have a question to understand the reason for the request made by the HO. Under which route were you granted ILR? If it was under the long residence route, did you face any issues at the time of that application when providing evidence to support lawful residence (as from what I can see that appears to be what's being questioned by the HO here)? It may help if you post your immigration history to comment further.

Sorry I forgot to thanks you.
Thank you kindly.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 pm

I forgot to add I also sent all the original documents from HO from 2009-2011; when I was given student visas on which ground and what course and clearly stating the dates.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:24 pm

And the saddest thing is I didn't even work for ten years.
I only applied for my NI after I received my ILR and started looking for jobs.

I sent my bank statements to show that I was receiving funds from my parents.

This is a terrible terrible situation. I should have worked, at least, I would have had some employment record.

Sorry for rambling.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:48 pm

hellonewhere wrote:I sent letters of enrolment from the school from 2008-2011. I also sent the qualification I achieved. I also sent confirmation of progress from the school.
I have been working in the field in I studied for since 2012; I have also since become a member of the body I studied for.

I have asked her to look through my immigration for letters of attendance as I supplied those for my student visas.
Did you keep copies of this evidence? This appears to be what's missing in what you have now resubmitted to the HO.

Irrespective of the outcome I would make a SAR as soon as possible (even if it doesn't arrive before the deadline the HO have given you) to be used towards a reconsideration request, in the event your application is initially refused on that basis. The SAR should give you the attendance evidence mentioned above - unless you already have copies with you to send.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:05 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
hellonewhere wrote:I sent letters of enrolment from the school from 2008-2011. I also sent the qualification I achieved. I also sent confirmation of progress from the school.

Did you keep copies of this evidence? This appears to be what's missing in what you have now resubmitted to the HO.

Irrespective of the outcome I would make a SAR as soon as possible (even if it doesn't arrive before the deadline the HO have given you) to be used towards a reconsideration request, in the event your application is initially refused on that basis. The SAR should give you the attendance evidence mentioned above - unless you already have copies with you to send.

Thanks cs95tdg. No I didn't as the school was keeping the copies.

I will make the SAR request now. Thank you.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:34 pm

hellonewhere wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:

Thanks cs95tdg. No I didn't as the school was keeping the copies.

I will make the SAR request now. Thank you.
What is a SAR request? Can we get it even if the school/college is closed/banned?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:38 pm

It's a subject access request. You make this to the HO, who will have records of your immigration history, which based on my understanding should have you previous immigration applications & certain evidence submitted as part of those applications.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:39 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

It's a request for information that is most often used by individuals who want to see a copy of the information an organisation holds about them. Not just home office but any organisation.

The link I have provided is only for HO though.

I will make the request as they would hold a copy of my attendance letters on file ( I hope they do!)

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:40 pm

cs95tdg wrote:It's a subject access request. You make this to the HO, who will have records of your immigration history, which based on my understanding should have you previous immigration applications & certain evidence submitted as part of those applications.
Cross post - thanks

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:33 pm

That's excellent!! So even the college gets banned after we left we can still prove that we went there using the documents which were submitted with our old application? Quite superb, love this forum wahey!! :mrgreen:

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:14 pm

I have emailed the caseworker to send me the decision asap instead of waiting till 08/05 as I do not have any more documents to send to her. I have posted the SAR form and that will take time to arrive.

I am aware that it will be a refusal.

I only wish that the HO had sent me the refusal last year itself. I have been waiting since June 2014.

Thank you all for all your suggestions and sympathies. I appreciate.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:20 pm

hellonewhere wrote:I have emailed the caseworker to send me the decision asap instead of waiting till 08/05 as I do not have any more documents to send to her. I have posted the SAR form and that will take time to arrive.

I am aware that it will be a refusal.

I only wish that the HO had sent me the refusal last year itself. I have been waiting since June 2014.

Thank you all for all your suggestions and sympathies. I appreciate.
There is always a hope my friend. You have all the documents to prove you went to the school and finished it. I don't see why HO could refuse it, what other ways to prove. They even have you the visa in older application so why giving grief now then? Is there no way we can case against HO as I'm bloody tempted to take them to court.

Get a lawyer too asap!!!