ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

csi for ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manUTd

csi for ireland

Post by manUTd » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:07 am

Hi all,
I am a holder of a residence card of family member (Brtish citizen ) from France under directive 2004/38/EU...

Do I need a travel insurance or comprehensive sickness insurance to get through the immigration in ireland ?

while registering with the GNIB under the option self sufficient, do I need to show that me and husband have comprehensive sickness insurance to apply for 4EU Fam??

Thx in advanced

Obie
Ireland

Re: csi for ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:33 am

Yes you will need CSI and provide evidence of sufficient Resource in order to qualify.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi obie please check your PM.thanks

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:21 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 85465.html

Obie please check this thread. Thanks

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Fri May 01, 2015 8:26 pm

What are your circumstances? If neither the family member nor the British sponsor are in Ireland yet, then neither will require CSI for the first 3 months that they are in Ireland, and so the family member won't need CSI for entry into Ireland. After 3 months in Ireland, if the British sponsor wishes to exercise Treaty rights as self-sufficient then yes both of you will need CSI.

If you are travelling together I very much doubt that Irish immigration will do any further checks beyond checking that you actually have an Article 10 residence card, as the Irish were respecting other host States' residence cards long before the UK, and as far as I know they also do it without hassling travellers like it seems the UK will still be doing judging from their policy on Article 10 residence cards on their website.

Athens77
Newly Registered

CSI clarification

Post by Athens77 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi,

I am Non EU national and hold a RC of a family member of EEA national which was given for 5 years. My wife is Greek national.
This year will be 5 years for our marriage in the UK. I am going to extend my visa but I am confused after researching online about my eligibility to apply either PR or RC again?

I have been employed full time for over 5 years and we never seek a public benefits.
My wife who is EU national was a student for 4 years, afterwards, completed her unpaid internship for a year, currently she is about to start a new job.

I have just found out that EU national should have CSI while she was student.

I would really appreciate if you could advise me:
1. Based on my circumstances which visa category I need to apply - RC again or PR?
2. Will HO may not grant my visa extension because my wife didn't have CSI even though we have never claimed any public recourse?

Many thanks in advance for your valuable advice.
Joe