ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT completion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

RLMT completion

Post by dialectic » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Greetings

My prospective employer is currently carrying the RLMT and things seem to be on the right track. However I have a question

Various adverts were posted including one at Universal Jobmatch (posted on march 19 - still active), one at Jobserve (Posted on march 22 but expired since it was for one month) and another one on indeed (posted on march 19 and still active). All the ads (including the expired one) state at the end of the text that the closing date is may 19th. I will apply after that date if no other applicants are qualified but I wanted to know whether the fact that the Jobserve ad has already expired might present a problem since it was stated that applications close on the 19th of may

Thanks a lot for the help

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Re: RLMT completion

Post by talk2ram.28 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:13 pm

RLMT is valid for 6 months. However they must have taken a screen print on the date the ad was posted.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:26 pm

RLMT is valid for 6 months. However they must have taken a screen print on the date the ad was posted.
Thanks for the reply talk2ram.28

I'm pretty sure they took screenshots. My concern is whether the Jobserve ad which expired after 30 days of being published and had written inside "Closing date May 19th" (60 days after being posted) would present a problem. Mind that the Universal Jobmatch ad and the Indeed.com ad are both still active.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:31 pm

Any other insights regarding this would be very helpful :wink:

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Post by talk2ram.28 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:36 pm

It is only required to post in 2 websites out of which 1 must be Universal Jobmatch.
In my opinion the job serve ad need not even be shown. This is just my view.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
Pg 88

28.17 You must place two advertisements using the methods set out in this guidance. In
many cases, one of those will be an online advertisement using the Jobcentre Plus
Universal Jobmatch service or Jobcentre Online for jobs in Northern Ireland. This is
mandatory for certain jobs. For more information on advertisement methods, please see
resident labour market test Tier 2 (General) advertising methods.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:11 pm

It is only required to post in 2 websites out of which 1 must be Universal Jobmatch.
In my opinion the job serve ad need not even be shown. This is just my view.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf
Pg 88

28.17 You must place two advertisements using the methods set out in this guidance. In
many cases, one of those will be an online advertisement using the Jobcentre Plus
Universal Jobmatch service or Jobcentre Online for jobs in Northern Ireland. This is
mandatory for certain jobs. For more information on advertisement methods, please see
resident labour market test Tier 2 (General) advertising methods.
Thanks again for the reply talk2ram.28

I understand then that while assigning the CoS you would recommend just mentioning the Universal Jobmatch and Indeed.com ads? The guidance states that apart from the Universal Jobmatch ad the other ad must be a 'reputable/recognised' recruitment portal. I don't know if Indeed.com would qualify in this case (?) - or Gumtree for that matter. I saw a thread regarding this topic but no one has posted a reply yet (?) and I think it would be very helpful for employers to know which sites to use when advertising.

Any other insights? different opinions?

Thanks

Here's the link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... s#p1132097

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Post by talk2ram.28 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:27 pm

'Indeed.co.uk ' in my opinion is surely a reputed one.

Imran_LAW
Newly Registered

Post by Imran_LAW » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:57 pm

I have dealt with such applications before and also helped companies assigned CoS. The list used to provide which recruitment websites were allowed to be used and I found that reed.com was across all jobs, so I always recommend recruiters to use reed.com. However I have previously used monster.co.uk as well which has been fine too.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:05 pm

I have dealt with such applications before and also helped companies assigned CoS. The list used to provide which recruitment websites were allowed to be used and I found that reed.com was across all jobs, so I always recommend recruiters to use reed.com. However I have previously used monster.co.uk as well which has been fine too.
Thanks a lot Imran_LAW - Any opinions regarding Indeed.co.uk? Or it would be a good idea to mention all of them (Including the 30 day expired one on Jobserve)?

Thanks again

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Sat May 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Just a quick note to ask if anyone has experiences or knows about employers using indeed.co.uk along with Universal Jobmatch for the RLMT (?)

Hankwat86
Newly Registered

Post by Hankwat86 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Hello,

came across this thread and wondered if anyone had an answer to the query about indeed.co.uk? I'm assuming that it must be ok to advertise here if reed.co.uk is accepted, as both are large, well known jobsites. However it would be good to have some clarification?

Many thanks