ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work from home on Tier2 ICT dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sehgalPiyush
Newly Registered

work from home on Tier2 ICT dependent visa

Post by sehgalPiyush » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:17 am

Hi,

My wife is moving to UK n Tier 2 Intra company transfer visa. Can myself who will be apply as Tier 2 dependent visa with her , work from home (from UK) for my current Indian company?

if i have asked this question during visa paper submission " What will do in UK" ? can i say that i will be working from home for my current organization which is itself UK based organization.

Kindly revert asap.

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Re: work from home on Tier2 ICT dependent visa

Post by talk2ram.28 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:39 pm

Just to avoid possible further questions you can just say 'will look out for job'.

sehgalPiyush
Newly Registered

Post by sehgalPiyush » Mon May 04, 2015 7:56 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have a doubt over here. If i would say "will look out for job" then they can ask whether i am currently working or not .if i would say "No" then they can ask for previous employment or a resignation letter or leaving letter.

Please let me know is it legal to work from home (from UK) for my current Indian company on Tier2 ICT dependant visa?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 04, 2015 10:25 am

You can but you will need to pay tax in the UK and therefore it would be much easier if the Indian company operated a PAYE system in UK, which I doubt they would do.

So you must ensure you are squeaky clean wrt to tax especially since now UKVI have access to HMRC systems...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sehgalPiyush
Newly Registered

Post by sehgalPiyush » Mon May 04, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks for the details.

My organization is UK based organization and opened the branch office in India. My work location is india however the base location of my organization is london so it must be PAYE in UK.

Further , if my (india branch) allow me to work from home in UK then they need to open an account in UK and will pay me in UK currency or they can continue to pay me in indian currency credited in indian account.

Please help me to clear these questions.

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Mon May 04, 2015 10:56 am

They won't ask your resignation letter as that's not document required for dependent.