ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIUK Proof of Address - Please Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AravVattu
Newly Registered

LIUK Proof of Address - Please Help

Post by AravVattu » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:46 am

Dear Sir/Madam

I want to bring in your notice that as per new rules for life in the UK test, a problem has arisen. My wife has name on council tax bill. As per new rules, address proof should not be older than 3 months prior to date of the test. But council issues one tax bill every year. If somebody wants to give exam after six months, then she can not use the bill as an address proof. Attaching below is the copy of new rules.

Kindly advise on this.

One of the following with your name and postcode on it. From 1st January 2015 candidate proof of postcode cannot be any older than 3 months prior to the date of the Test.
A water, gas or electricity bill
A council tax bill
A letter or document from the Home Office with your name and address on it
A UK driving licence
A bank statement / credit card statement (a printed copy of a bank statement is acceptable however it MUST have been stamped and signed by the issuing branch)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: LIUK Proof of Address - Please Help

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:50 am

Does your wife not have any recent letter per the list in her name?

Is this preparation for ILR as you have posted in the British Citizenship forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 am

I applied for my naturalisation on 3rd March 2015. And for ILR I Passed the test in 2013 august at that time our address was different from the present one . when I was submitting for naturalisation so recently we moved to new home in December 2014. So does it make any problem for me ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:27 pm

tulip11 wrote:I applied for my naturalisation on 3rd March 2015. And for ILR I Passed the test in 2013 august at that time our address was different from the present one . when I was submitting for naturalisation so recently we moved to new home in December 2014. So does it make any problem for me ?
No, it won't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:03 pm

As far as I'm aware, proof of address being less than 3 months old has been the rule for a long while, its not a new rule.

When my other half had taken the LIUK over a year ago, it was the same rule then, proof of address no less than 3 months old.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided