ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please support this petition on Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dkasyap
Newly Registered

Please support this petition on Tier 2 General

Post by dkasyap » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:05 pm

please add your support to this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/uk-home-office ... isa-easier

justdopposite

Re: Please support this petition on Tier 2 General

Post by justdopposite » Fri May 01, 2015 10:02 am

nice one. Many thanks.

madimm
Newly Registered

Post by madimm » Fri May 01, 2015 5:49 pm

I‘ve read the petition, but there are certain points unclear in it.

First, it didn't state which parts of the guidance are preventing people from switching job.
Second, it didn't provide evidence that the guidance has stated problem.
Third, it didn't suggest specific changes.

In all, it's too general and based one person's opinion. It also lacks of evidence.

However, as a Tier 2 immigrant myself, I totally support this idea.

I do find that switching job extremely difficult. Based on my experience, it appears over 100 times more difficult that local people.

Many extensively educated people they can't switch job because the guidance made the procedure cost a lot both money and time. Companies just won't bother to proceed further with your applications.

The current employers can certainly take advantages over the immigrants, because the immigrants can't go anywhere else. I see this is the most unfair in all.

So, in my opinion, the procedure itself is not friendly to the immigrants, it breaks the balance of job seeking opportunities.

How to resolve this is really a headache. I think there are many political reasons to make it like this. If there is any good proposals for both the immigrants and the government, then I think they would really look into this.

What's the situation now?

The company will need sponsor license. I don't see this could be changed.
The company will issue cos. This is no big problem as it is also mandatory for the procedure.
The cos costs about £180. This is really not much.
The application costs about £650, NHS surcharge costs £600. This is getting expensive.

There might be some hidden charges if the company uses visa agents (solicitors) as they charge a lot.
HR is generally lazy for this kind of business.

Above is not inclusive, I may miss something. As we can see, none of these should not be big deal.

So, what is the thing really blocking immigrants from switching a job?

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Fri May 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Well... It occurs to me that making a fresh application every time you switch jobs could be taken out. Maybe just a RLMT (if necessary) and the new employer assigns a CoS. Assuming the the tier 2 migrant has enough time left in his (her) leave. Only fresh applications due to visas expiring or resignations/dismissals (?)