ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visitor visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadzter
Newly Registered

family visitor visa refused

Post by sadzter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:54 pm

22221.jpg
22221.jpg (693.35 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could guide me in relation to the refusal of my mother's family visit. I am a British Citizen & a permanent resident of UK. Me and my wife are having our first baby and wanted my mother to be with us to support us.

we applied for the visa & me being the sole sponsor for her application, I am not sure why would they refuse her visa. please find attachment of refusal. Any help would be very much appreciated. I am confused to either go for a fresh application or appeal against the decision.

:?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: family visitor visa refused

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:07 pm

What evidence/proof did she provide to show strong ties in Pakistan?

What documentary evidence was submitted with the application?

It is quicker to reapply addressing the points in the refusal than to appeal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sadzter
Newly Registered

Post by sadzter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi CR001

Thank you for your response. She did attach the ownship deeds of her house in lahore.

Apart from that my financial statements and also documents proving my income as i run my own business in UK. She also attached a preliminary return flight booking from her agent. Should I attach my fathers bank statements as well as a declaration from him. I thought if i am sponsoring her then there wont be any need of my father's financial statements.

I am one of her 5 children and the only one who is settled in UK. Surely she would like to live in Pakistan where all her other children and rest of the family is settled. She is 57 years old.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:06 pm

U should attach your father statement and all your siblings passport copy or bay form also write a letter that she has whole family in Pakistan children plus grand children she can't leave all of them to live with only one son at this age and in a culture where she has no life . U should clear all the points in refusal letter . My parents did the same and they successfully got the visa second time .
ss

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Surely she would like to live in Pakistan where all her other children and rest of the family is settled. She is 57 years old.
Well the ECO wouldn't know that if evidence wasn't provided.
Should I attach my fathers bank statements as well as a declaration from him. I thought if i am sponsoring her then there wont be any need of my father's financial statements.
Yes, these should have been submitted to show how she maintains herself etc. For any visitor, sponsored or not, the strong ties and personal circumstances need to shown and evidence provided.

If you address the issues raised and reapply, she should have a successful outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

A Helping Hand
Newly Registered

Post by A Helping Hand » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 pm

The main thing you need to do is to prove that she will go back to Pakistan....

and you could do this by showing as many as reasons for her to return back to Pakistan after the visit. it could be her all important activities, Social and Family ties... if you have any unmarried siblings that will be strong reason to go back to look after them... or any grand children... may be your Nan or Granny needs her as much to look after. a house is on rent that she looks after the property and tenants etc..

This is a wild shot but if you show more social / financial and geographical ties they may consider them...

All the best...

sadzter
Newly Registered

Post by sadzter » Thu May 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Thank you All for the guidance.

I am going to re-apply now. I have gathered all the documents required and now working on the covering letter. hopefully the ECO will understand my points & give us a successful outcome.

regards,

Sadzter