ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Penalty Notice - how to complete form correctly?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldfish
Member of Standing

Fixed Penalty Notice - how to complete form correctly?

Post by goldfish » Sat May 02, 2015 11:31 am

I will be applying for citizenship on 22 June 2015. I received a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) for speeding, details below:
- Convicting court code: 2665 FIXED PENALTY
- Date of conviction: ------------- [there is no date shown in this column]
- Offence code: SP30
- Date of offence: 19 June 2012
- Fine: [blank, although it was actually £60 if I recall correctly]
- Disqual period: [blank]
- Other: [blank]
- Penalty points: 03

I have read the form and guidance and I am confused about how to correctly complete the section relating to criminal convictions. The wording in the form and guidance ("You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences.") suggests that FPNs must be disclosed. Is this correct?

If so, how do I complete this section?
- Country where convicted: United Kingdom
- Nature of offence: Speeding (SP30)
- Sentence given: none - is this correct?
- Date sentenced: what do I write here since there is no "date of conviction" stated on by licence counterparty? should I use the date of offence instead or leave it blank?
- If you were sentenced to a period of imprisonment, what was the length of the prison sentence (in months)? [blank]

wmazhar

Re: Fixed Penalty Notice - how to complete form correctly?

Post by wmazhar » Sat May 02, 2015 11:44 am

goldfish wrote:I will be applying for citizenship on 22 June 2015. I received a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) for speeding, details below:
- Convicting court code: 2665 FIXED PENALTY
- Date of conviction: ------------- [there is no date shown in this column]
- Offence code: SP30
- Date of offence: 19 June 2012
- Fine: [blank, although it was actually £60 if I recall correctly]
- Disqual period: [blank]
- Other: [blank]
- Penalty points: 03

I have read the form and guidance and I am confused about how to correctly complete the section relating to criminal convictions. The wording in the form and guidance ("You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences.") suggests that FPNs must be disclosed. Is this correct?

If so, how do I complete this section?
- Country where convicted: United Kingdom
- Nature of offence: Speeding (SP30)
- Sentence given: none - is this correct?
- Date sentenced: what do I write here since there is no "date of conviction" stated on by licence counterparty? should I use the date of offence instead or leave it blank?
- If you were sentenced to a period of imprisonment, what was the length of the prison sentence (in months)? [blank]
if you are using NCS, leave it they will fill out this for you in extra sheet information, in my case they entered penalty information in the criminal conviction section but they didn't ticked it yes.
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Sat May 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks - I'd like to know the correct way to fill in the form though, rather than rely on NCS. A friend of mine used an immigration consultant for one of her visa extensions (not NCS) and they did it incorrectly, meaning she had to leave the country and re-apply from outside - now she has a "visa refused" on her immigration record and her work was disrupted.

So I'd like to make sure I have the correct information about how to fill in the form. Any further suggestions from anyone else?

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Sat May 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi
Croydon council advised any fixed penalty notice need not be informed if no court fine.
However, they will take a copy of your green part of licence and attach with the form if there are any points.
also the guideline says that any notice within last 12 months with the exception of drunken driving or mobile phone driving will not be taken into consideration. Please note drunk ken driving and mobile phone driving will be a serious offence, I guess.
Take a print out and read yourself.
However for your peace of mind please mention this on your form so that they can't say that you try to hide..
It's a suggestion only
good luck

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Sat May 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Your friend case was different, you are not applying for visa.

To me chowkal is right, you don't need to mention it, but you can put that in extra sheet information and attach your licence counter part.

NCS people do 5,10 cases daily and they can call directly to home office for any queries, I believe they can be trusted.
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue May 05, 2015 11:37 am

Yes good point that NCS would have more experience with standard applications than an immigration advisor who might not be expert in all types of visas. Thanks all!

suka1989
Newly Registered

Post by suka1989 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:50 pm

Have you sent your application yet?