ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in June 2015. Need expert opinion and comments pls

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rukmesh
United Kingdom

ILR in June 2015. Need expert opinion and comments pls

Post by rukmesh » Sat May 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi

I need an opinion whether I am going in the right direction or not. Let me explain my case history first.

Initial Tier1General (Leave To Enter) - 09-Sep-2009 to 09-Sep-2012
Entered UK - 10-Jul-2010 (Almost 10 months late but no regrets). My ILR countdown stars from here
Dependents Joined me - 09-Nov-2010
1st Extension Granted - 09-Sep-2012 to 09-Sep-2014 (from 2010, I am still short of 5 years period)
2nd Extension Granted - 17-Apr-2014 to 17-Apr-2017

After entering UK, I got a contract job in 50 days time.I did the contract under an umbrella company and have all the papers. I then moved to a pemanent job until 28-Feb-2015.
From March-2015, I started doing contracting again through my own limited company.

From 10-July-2010, I am elegible for my ILR after 12-June (considering I can apply 28 days before). I (with 2 of my dependents ) intend to go for the same day service on 27th June. These are the documents I am going to submit (pls see below)

1. Original Passport for myself and my dependents
2. BRP cards for myself and my dependents
3. 11 months payslip (from April-2014 to Feb-2015). 15 months before the application date is Mar-2014, so I am taking consecutive 11 months from April-2014 to Feb-2015). My earning in these 11 months is above 46k which is getting me 45 points. The payslips are signed and stamped by my ex employer.
4. 1 year bank statement between Apr-2014 and Mar-2015 which reflects all the salary credits to my a/c
5. I have employment history from HMRC starting from 2010 upto 2014. I got this letter in April and uptill then they did not have my final details about 2014-15 tax year. For this financial year, I have got P45 from my employer.
6. Original Degree + PBS calculator printout + IELTS certificate (I have given IELTS exam for my entry clearance).
7. Original Degree + PBS calculator + NARIC english assessment letter for my wife
8. Birth Certificate for my daughter (though I know that is is not asked for.)
9. Marriage certificate
10. For Cohabition, I am giving, council bill which bears both our names, One bank a/c is a joint a/c. I will give 2-3 statements covering last 2 years. I will also give utility bill which has both our names. Voter's Card is also there. My son was born here. I will submit his birth certificate because it has both our names too :-)
11. A letter from my employer, covering my leaves between 2011 and 2014. This covers all my absences from the country except one in 2010 when I was unemployed but I went to India for 4 days to get my family. All my absences have been around 2-3 weeks each. Maximum was 3 weeks and minimum was 4 days
12. Life in UK test Certificate for myself and my wife
12. Covering Letter explaining my application
13. Last but not at all the least - Application form.

Seniors, please feel free to comment and correct me if I am going wrong anywhere.

I have 2 small doubts (which some might laugh at).

1. We are not required to show "maintenance funds" right ? I am not submitting my bank statement for last 3 months. My bank statement will only cover my payslip period
2. My earnings (which I am showing in the application) were all from Permanent job but from March-2015, I started doing contracting. Do I need to disclose my current contract details ? Though I would carry all the papers (Company Certificate, HMRC letters for my company). As it has just started, no returns have been filed as yet, so do not have any returns. Do I need to ask my accountant for anything ?

Apart from these 2 above doubts, if anyone has any comments, please let me know...

Thanks a lot and best wishes

Vk2014
Newly Registered

Re: ILR in June 2015. Need expert opinion and comments pls

Post by Vk2014 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:57 am

Hi

I am in similar situation - can experts please advise urgently?

- Initial Tier 1 General visa issue on 7 June 2010
- I came to UK on 28 June 2010
- I am applying for ILR on 15 May 2015
- Claiming points for 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015

Employer attested payslips and bank statements were generated prior to 15 April.

Do I need any additional documentation as the Form Set O says the Payslips and bank statements should be dated within 1 month of date of application?

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 08, 2015 10:07 am

Vk2014 wrote:Employer attested payslips and bank statements were generated prior to 15 April.

Do I need any additional documentation as the Form Set O says the Payslips and bank statements should be dated within 1 month of date of application?
Which section of the form are you referring to? For the purposes of scoring the necessary points, I.e. from 12 months earnings, this is is not correct. As you can claim points for any consecutive 12 month period in the 15 months prior to your application.

However for maintenance there is a separate requirement.

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Fri May 08, 2015 10:09 am

Maintenance ? There is no maintenance required for ILR I think.. I have not seen this word in the form SET(0) and I have read the forums also..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 08, 2015 10:16 am

rukmesh wrote:Maintenance ? There is no maintenance required for ILR I think.. I have not seen this word in the form SET(0) and I have read the forums also..
. Yes, the term I used wasn't accurate. I'm referring to page 67 in the form.

Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 4).

Note 4: We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim that a relative or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.4), in addition to evidence of your own finances, you must provide bank statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial resources. The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last three months.

Vk2014
Newly Registered

Post by Vk2014 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:09 am

So does that mean for points for earnings the pay slip and bank statement can be older than 1 month?
I am employed in India and have pay slips and bank statements from India - which is why I cannot get these April dated within next week.

However, I am providing UK bank account statement with today's date as evidence of finance (previously called Maintenance when I re-newed Tier 1 visa in 2012)

Please share your understanding of the document dates.

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 08, 2015 11:28 am

Vk2014 wrote:So does that mean for points for earnings the pay slip and bank statement can be older than 1 month?
Yes, they can be if applying as a T1G migrant. However there may be other implications which could affect your continuous residence & economic activity in the UK, because of the statement you have made below.
I am employed in India and have pay slips and bank statements from India.
As stated in the SET(O) form, the statement(s) mentioned below should at least cover the last 3 months, from your application date.
However, I am providing UK bank account statement with today's date as evidence of finance (previously called Maintenance when I re-newed Tier 1 visa in 2012)
Please ensure you read the SET(O) form, guidance and immigration rules applicable to your ILR route to ensure you meet all necessary requirements

Immigration rules - See 245AAA & 245CD for T1G route : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf