ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapplication - fast track

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taniah
Newly Registered

Reapplication - fast track

Post by taniah » Sun May 03, 2015 10:21 am

Hi

My question is very simple. In the case of reapplications is it worth paying the extra £300 to fast-track it.

I know from the website the processing times for new applications and in our case it took two months. Does a reapplication take less or more time and does fast-tracking make a big difference?

Appointment is this coming Thursday so I need to decide before then.

Thanks

WR1

Re: Reapplication - fast track

Post by WR1 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:44 am

What application are you making and why the reapplication?

If you are talking about premium service, then the cost is an additional £400.

This depends on what application you are making. In country or out of country. Hard to give advice with the limited info provided.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

taniah
Newly Registered

Post by taniah » Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi

Its for a spouse settlement visa in Cairo. We have had to reapply as The British Counsel in Cairo gave my husband the wrong test so we failed on the English Language requirement the first time. Took the right test shortly after the refusal but ECM and appeal judge wouldn't allow.

I have decided to pay for fast-track (£300) anyway and so far it does seem to have speeded up the process. The application was sent to UKVI the same day (Thurs) and they received it the following working day (Sunday/yesterday). So just waiting for the decision. Not sure how long that will take though. Anyone any ideas/experience. I'm guessing it's probably gone to Abu Dhabi as it did last time

Thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:16 pm

taniah wrote:Hi

Its for a spouse settlement visa in Cairo. We have had to reapply as The British Counsel in Cairo gave my husband the wrong test so we failed on the English Language requirement the first time. Took the right test shortly after the refusal but ECM and appeal judge wouldn't allow.

I have decided to pay for fast-track (£300) anyway and so far it does seem to have speeded up the process. The application was sent to UKVI the same day (Thurs) and they received it the following working day (Sunday/yesterday). So just waiting for the decision. Not sure how long that will take though. Anyone any ideas/experience. I'm guessing it's probably gone to Abu Dhabi as it did last time

Thanks
Th fast track service was increased to £360 effective from 6 April 2015, did you pay the new fee?

When was the English test taken. The test also changed effective from 6 April 2015 and tests taken after this date, only the IELTS consortium test will be accepted.

Also, did you pay the heath surcharge (rate @ £200 per year, so for initial 33 months will be £600), this was also introduced on 6 April and must be paid in advance for all applications made after this date.

When you send in your application, it normally joins a queue and will be considered when the case worker comes to the application. All the fast track service does is allow the application to jump to the front of the queue so it will get considered before the other applications in the queue. It does not get considered any quicker, just that it jumps to the front of the queue and follows exactly the same procedure as all the other applications.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

taniah
Newly Registered

Post by taniah » Tue May 12, 2015 7:14 am

Hi

Yes I paid the £360 fast track and yes I paid the surcharge as you can't submit the application until you've paid the surcharge.

The second English test was taken in October and yes I'm aware all the rules changed on 6th April 2015 but tests pre that date are valid until November 2015.

I'm well aware that fast track doesn't circumvent any of the checks to make it quicker that it just jumps to the front of the queue although one would guess not in front of other fast track applications ahead of it.

I was just wondering if anyone else had fast-tracked a settlement visa recently to have an idea as to how long it might take. Our previous application took 6 weeks to be decided and another 2 weeks after that before they told us. That wasn't fast-tracked.

taniah
Newly Registered

Post by taniah » Tue May 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Just got email saying documents and passport are ready for collection. So only took 3 days.

I'm hoping the speed of the decision is a positive sign. We will find out tomorrow.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Good luck. Hopefully the application should succeed this time. 3 days is relatively quick even for a fast track service.

taniah
Newly Registered

Post by taniah » Thu May 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Yippee we got it and my husband will be landing in UK on Sunday morning. Would have been here this evening but his family wouldn't let him leave that quick. lol

It has really been a very eye-opening experience

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Congratulations