ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC long-term resident permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

EC long-term resident permit

Post by 14121974 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:11 pm

I am Thai and I have been working in Spain for more than 7 years with permanent resident permit.I know that a third-country national with long-term EC resident status in one of EU member countries has the right to acquire a temporary residence permit in other member state provided that certain circumstances justifying his residence in such country occur and he has stable and regular income and health insurance. Now I want to move to France,so I need to apply for EC long.term resident permit.
Can anybody tell me how I can apply for EC long-term resident permit in Spain anf if I need to pass spanish language test?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EC long-term resident permit

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:38 pm

14121974 wrote:I am Thai and I have been working in Spain for more than 7 years with permanent resident permit. I know that a third-country national with long-term EC resident status in one of EU member countries has the right to acquire a temporary residence permit in other member state provided that certain circumstances justifying his residence in such country occur and he has stable and regular income and health insurance. Now I want to move to France, so I need to apply for EC long.term resident permit.
Can anybody tell me how I can apply for EC long-term resident permit in Spain and if I need to pass Spanish language test?
If you want to move to France, why do you think you need to apply for anything more in Spain?

See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/directive-2003109ec/ for more links
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:40 pm

14121974 wrote:I am Thai and I have been working in Spain for more than 7 years with permanent resident permit.I know that a third-country national with long-term EC resident status in one of EU member countries has the right to acquire a temporary residence permit in other member state provided that certain circumstances justifying his residence in such country occur and he has stable and regular income and health insurance. Now I want to move to France,so I need to apply for EC long.term resident permit.
Can anybody tell me how I can apply for EC long-term resident permit in Spain anf if I need to pass spanish language test?
Why don't wait a little longer until you can get Spanish citizenship?

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:45 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If you want to move to France, why do you think you need to apply for anything more in Spain?
There can be some good reasons for obtaining this status.

1. It will allow him to return to Spain.

2. Without such a status getting a residence in France could be troublesome.

Besides, probably he will speak better Spanish than French.
If he fulfilled the integration requirement in Spain, he will not have to do so in France.

I agree Spanish nationality is the better option.

Newly Registered

Post by 19730201 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:15 pm

Why did Spanish authority tell my friend they don't have the application form for EC long-term resident permit when my friend asked for one?

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:23 pm

19730201 wrote:Why did Spanish authority tell my friend they don't have the application form for EC long-term resident permit when my friend asked for one?
Probably because they forgot to implement this directive on time.

I suggest your friend contacts the Spanish Solvit Center for a faster solution.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:54 pm

14121974 wrote:I am Thai and I have been working in Spain for more than 7 years with permanent resident permit.
I am still confused. You have "permanent residence permit" in Spain. What do you want to apply for (which is different than this) in Spain and why do you think that would be worth having if you want to move to France?

I do not think that 14121974 is talking about citizenship.

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:03 pm

The advantages I mentioned before.

Did you actually read directive 2003/109/EC?

If not, wouldn't you think a permit based on EU law is better than a permit based on the national law of any member state i.c. Spain), should you want to move freely between member states?

Indeed, he's not talking about citizenship.
This is another possibility that could draw his attention.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:28 am

Prawo wrote:Did you actually read directive 2003/109/EC?
I expect you have a lot more experience with it than I do. Can you outline the process in EUCountryOLD and EUCountryNEW to best take advantage of Directive?

Are you saying somebody needs to apply for a new immigration status in EUCountryOLD (in this case Spain) before being able to take advantage of the Directive to move to EUCountryNEW (in this case France)?

raina

Post by raina » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:33 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:

Are you saying somebody needs to apply for a new immigration status in EUCountryOLD (in this case Spain) before being able to take advantage of the Directive to move to EUCountryNEW (in this case France)?
To obtain the LONG TERM EU Resident permit a person can apply for this status after living 5 years non stop in a EU country.

So this person would have to apply in Spain get the PERMIT and then move to France on the basis of this.

If he moved without obtaining it he will have live in France 5 years first and then apply there.