ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT switch from short term to long term

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rameshthegreat
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT switch from short term to long term

Post by rameshthegreat » Wed May 06, 2015 8:52 am

Guys, my company is planning to switch me from Tier 2 ICT short term to long term.
I understand from the various threads in this forum that the application has to be made from home country and it will be a new CoS.
My current visa expires mid June.
Can the company apply for new CoS while the current visa is still valid or does this need to wait till the current visa expires?

Please confirm

ta.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT switch from short term to long term

Post by manci » Wed May 06, 2015 9:02 am

rameshthegreat wrote:Guys, my company is planning to switch me from Tier 2 ICT short term to long term.
I understand from the various threads in this forum that the application has to be made from home country and it will be a new CoS.
My current visa expires mid June.
Can the company apply for new CoS while the current visa is still valid or does this need to wait till the current visa expires?

the company can assign a T2 ICT LTS CoS to you any time and once the CoS is assigned you can apply for entry clearance from home country

Please confirm

ta.

rameshthegreat
Newly Registered

Post by rameshthegreat » Wed May 06, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
So does this mean that the company does not need to withdraw the current CoS that is live for the TS ICT STS before applying for the new CoS for T2 ICT LTS?
Sorry to ask the same question again but I am getting different information from different websites and not able to confirm it in th Gov.UK websites.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed May 06, 2015 9:58 am

rameshthegreat wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
So does this mean that the company does not need to withdraw the current CoS that is live for the TS ICT STS before applying for the new CoS for T2 ICT LTS?
Sorry to ask the same question again but I am getting different information from different websites and not able to confirm it in th Gov.UK websites.

the company is a T2 ICT sponsor and they should know the rules, it is not for you to advise them. They can ring the employer helpline 0300 123 4699 if they have any questions

sumit8k
Newly Registered

Post by sumit8k » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Ramesh,

Hope your VISA must have been extended from Short term to Long term. Can you please let me know how much time it did it took for you in this process.

Also will it require to travel to home country and return back or it can been done being in UK.

I am also on ICT Short term and my employer is ok to extend it to long term.

Thanks,
Sumit