ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Visa reqd for UK born child to return back from India?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rockysingh
Newly Registered

Is Visa reqd for UK born child to return back from India?

Post by rockysingh » Wed May 06, 2015 8:32 pm

My UK Visa (Residence permit) is due to expire in Dec 2015. Although my new born child (born in UK) do not have a VISA.

I am planning to visit India during Sept-2015 for about 25 days. I have below questions:

Q1. Do I require VISA for my new born child to bring him back to UK?
Or
Q2. Is there other letter/process that can be used to visit india for this trip and then apply new child dependant VISA during my VISA extension later this year, post my india trip?
Q3. Any contact details (email) of UKBA?

Pls find my VISA details below:
Visa details -- Issue date -- Expiry date -- Type
Original Visa -- 15/11/2010 -- 28/12/2013 -- Tier 2 ICT Long Term Established Staff
Visa Extension -- 14/02/2014 -- 29/12/2015 -- Tier 2 ICT Long Term Leave to Remain

Child born on 1-May-2015.

Let me know if you require more details?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is Visa reqd for UK born child to return back from India

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Q1. Yes, the child needs a visa to enter the UK. Your child will need to apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa before traveling to the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... ly-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rockysingh
Newly Registered

Post by rockysingh » Thu May 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks CR001!

Couple of more queries:

1. When is the last date i can apply for my child VISA? My Visa expires on 29-DEC-2015, so is there a window like 6 or 3 months of my VISA validity?
2. Can i apply T2 Child dependant VISA along with my VISA extension in month of July first week?

Appreciate your help and support!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:07 pm

1. When is the last date i can apply for my child VISA? My Visa expires on 29-DEC-2015, so is there a window like 6 or 3 months of my VISA validity? Apply before your visa expires and child visa will be granted up to the expiry date of your visa extension.
2. Can i apply T2 Child dependant VISA along with my VISA extension in month of July first week?If you are applying for an extension within the UK and the child is in the UK then yes. If child is not in the UK when you apply for extension, then no, the child has to apply for entry clearance visa from India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:55 pm

@singh

It's not clear from your post if your child is currently in UK or not. Looks like he's not. If the child is currently in UK, then you can apply for his visa as well along with your extension application in July. If he's not in UK, then as CR001 mentioned, you can only apply from home country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 pm

@moonlight55, I have updated my response after reading the OPs original post again and realised he said new born (UK Born) so assume then that baby is in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)