ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akvk47

British citizenship

Post by akvk47 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Dear members,

Can you please help me with my query, I have applied for my first adult British passport on 09 Apr 2015, received my supporting documents last week. My Quires are:

1. How long will it take to get my interview letter for passport.
2. After receiving the letter with in how many day do we need to book appointment for passport interview?
3. And my child was born in India while I and my wife were on ILR so would it be easy if I apply for child visa as my dependent and get her to UK or would it be easy if I apply for child's dependent visa after I get my British passport?

Please answer my Quires
akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:02 pm

1. How long will it take to get my interview letter for passport. It can take up to a couple of weeks once you supporting documents are returned.
2. After receiving the letter with in how many day do we need to book appointment for passport interview? I can't remember if there is a time limit but you can phone the passport advice line when you receive your letter and they will advice you of the availability in your area.
3. And my child was born in India while I and my wife were on ILR so would it be easy if I apply for child visa as my dependent and get her to UK or would it be easy if I apply for child's dependent visa after I get my British passport? It makes no difference for a child settlement visa as it is the same visa for the child whether you are on ILR or a British Citizen
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.