ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permanent Residence for EEA National and no CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ignatius88
Newly Registered

EEA Permanent Residence for EEA National and no CSI

Post by ignatius88 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi

Hope someone can help us.

I am South African currently on Residence Card (Family Member of EEA National - Started Jan 2012). I have been in the UK since 2009 working throughout.

My wife is Lithuanian on Lithuanian Passport. She has been here since 2004. She studied from 2004 to 2009 then she started working in 2009 till end of April 2015.

She would like to apply for Permanent Residence as EEA national which would make the same application easier for me in 2017 when I'm eligible.

I have a couple of questions on this though.

1. Does she need to provide details of before the 5 year qualifying period (studying etc). ie Date first entered the UK 2004 or 2009?
2. She never had CSI but now she has been self sufficient for about a week since she quite her job and I'm supporting her now. Do we need to apply for CSI now for her before we send the application off?

Are there any better or easier ways for us to achieve Permanent Residence and ultimately British Citizenship in our current situation?

Thanks so much

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: EEA Permanent Residence for EEA National and no CSI

Post by Wise » Fri May 08, 2015 10:12 am

I think your wife should apply with the work she did from 2009 till april 2015 for the permanent resident now quickly.
Then ones she has permanent status and wait for another 12 month and apply for Naturalisation you have to problem at the end of your 5years and don't bother about about csi or her history during schooling.

Good luck
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

ignatius88
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius88 » Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Thanks for the response.

That's what we thought of doing.

So if we fill the forms in, what do we say is the first date when she entered the UK or is it a case of entering everything even the student stuff but the home office will only look at the last 5 years and ignore anything before then?

Skinny26
Newly Registered

Post by Skinny26 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:49 am

HI,

How did she fill out the application form in the end?

Have you had a response?

I am in a slightly similar situation and looking for advice.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:41 am

Skinny26 wrote:HI,

How did she fill out the application form in the end?

Have you had a response?

I am in a slightly similar situation and looking for advice.

Thanks
OP only posted twice and last posted in May 2015!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.