ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply Nautarisation before child leave expires

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tima
Newly Registered

Apply Nautarisation before child leave expires

Post by tima » Thu May 07, 2015 1:23 pm

My child born in UK but I got his indian passport and got a PBS dependant visa for him. So we could travel togather. Now I am applying ILR (for myself),but thinking of avoiding ILR for my son and apply directly for his naturalisation. I got some information that if I want to apply for naturalisation for my son. I have to apply it before his leave expires. Is it true?. My understanding is, since he born in UK he should be eligible to apply for naturalisation anytime after his parent get ILR/permanent residence - even after his current leave expires. Please suggest

I appreciate your kind response on this.

vinny

Re: Apply Nautarisation before child leave expires

Post by vinny » Thu May 07, 2015 1:40 pm

If child is under 10, then any overstaying shouldn't affect his entitlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.