ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 4 ( 4.5 to 4.8) Set O form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KASHIF830

Section 4 ( 4.5 to 4.8) Set O form

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi mates,

Can please anyone help me out about section 4 point 4.5 to 4.8, as I have Master UK degree so I will select:

An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗

˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR

And my wife has B1 English test so my point is that from 4.5 to 4.8 is for main applicant only or dependent can also use his/her English language detail. I am filling application form so on this point I have No idea.

Please CR001 help me out.

Thanks
Kashif

mkh

Re: Section 4 ( 4.5 to 4.8) Set O form

Post by mkh » Thu May 07, 2015 9:00 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:Hi mates,

Can please anyone help me out about section 4 point 4.5 to 4.8, as I have Master UK degree so I will select:

An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗

˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR

And my wife has B1 English test so my point is that from 4.5 to 4.8 is for main applicant only or dependent can also use his/her English language detail. I am filling application form so on this point I have No idea.

Thanks
Kashif
Look carefully, there is one column boxes where you tick for yours and the other column for dependent

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:21 pm

@Kashif

If you have a UK Masters Degree, this is all you need for English language requirement and in 4.3 you tick in the first box that says 'You'
the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
For your wife, as she has done B1, in 4.3 you tick the box 'Your Partner' next to :
A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above
from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to
question 4.5 below); OR
4.4 you tick no as you are not asking to be exempt.

4.5 You need to check on the list if her qualification meets the requirement of the question, link to lists here ~: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

4.6 Answer the question per her test certificate.

4.7 Complete the details as they appear on her test certificate

4.8 Relevant if test done before 6th April 2015 so complete if required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:22 pm

mkh wrote:
KASHIF830 wrote:Hi mates,

˗

˗

Thanks
Kashif
Look carefully, there is one column boxes where you tick for yours and the other column for dependent
Thanks mate I know there are two column to tick on them one for and one for my wife I asking about my wife B1 test do I need to list B1 certificate detail or it is only for main applicant because I have UK degree to select column only.

4.5 If you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification, is it:

4.6 When did you sit your English language test?
On or after 6 April 2015 – go to question 4.7.
Before 6 April 2015 – go to question 4.8.

4.8 Please provide details of your English language test (sat before 6 April 2015): my wife gave test before 6 April 2015

Thanks
Kashif

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:25 pm

CR001 wrote:@Kashif

If you have a UK Masters Degree, this is all you need for English language requirement and in 4.3 you tick in the first box that says 'You'
the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
For your wife, as she has done B1, in 4.3 you tick the box 'Your Partner' next to :
A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above
from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to
question 4.5 below); OR
4.4 you tick no as you are not asking to be exempt.

4.5 You need to check on the list if her qualification meets the requirement of the question, link to lists here ~: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

4.6 Answer the question per her test certificate.

4.7 Complete the details as they appear on her test certificate

4.8 Relevant if test done before 6th April 2015 so complete if required.

Thanks Char for your quick response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:26 pm

You are welcome Kashif :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.