ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) - Salary and Codes of Practice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mansoorash

Tier 2 (General) - Salary and Codes of Practice

Post by mansoorash » Fri May 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Dear all,

I hope all the members/visitors of this forum are well and in good spirit.

This forum had been of great help during my initial Tier 2 (General) visa application, back in September 2012. And here I am again as my extension is due soon.

My question is, does the salary need to be updated every time UKBA publish a new Codes of Practice? (For instance, back in September 2012, at the time of my initial Tier 2 (General) application, the "appropriate" salary was £20,800 but then it went up to £26,300 before going down to £24,600 and finally settling at £28,600. At the moment, I am earning £31,000 which is higher than the current rate, however, I was earning below the recommended rate for a few months back in 2013 when the recommended rate went from £20,800 to £26,300 as my pay rise took some time). In other words, for a short period of time I was earning less than the published appropriate salary. My question is will this cause a problem with the extension or subsequent ILR applications?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mansoor

mansoorash

Re: Tier 2 (General) - Salary and Codes of Practice

Post by mansoorash » Wed May 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Guys, I will really appreciate your comments on this.

Manci, your response will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Thu May 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi there

no it doesnt affect , you only need need to meet the salary when u apply for extension or ilr

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Thu May 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Are you saying that the salary does not need to be increased every time a new 'Codes of practice' is published?

Does this mean that as long as your salary is equal or more than the minimum salary in codes of practice at the time of initial application, you have no problem even though the newly published codes of practice show a higher figure? In other words, the salary does not be increased to reflect the salary in the latest codes of practice?

Thanks

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Thu May 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Does this mean that as long as your salary is equal or more than the minimum salary in codes of practice at the time of initial application, you have no problem even though the newly published codes of practice show a higher figure? In other words, the salary does not need to be increased to reflect the salary in the latest codes of practice?
Yes.

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Fri May 29, 2015 4:42 pm

Is that merely an opinion of yours or is there a piece of legislation to back this up? If latter, I will be glad if you could please provide a link or perhaps a reference.