ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visiting N.ireland or UK with Temp stamp4?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

visiting N.ireland or UK with Temp stamp4?

Post by robsters » Sun May 10, 2015 12:13 am

Hello

so my wife got her temp stamp 4 card hooray! hopefully we get the full card soon once i submit the remaining documents, one question we like to visit my parents in london and visit titanic museum in northern ireland can she travel with me with this temp card we wouldnt intend to live there at this point but wondering if we are at least allowed to visit these places ? ironic thing is we might stay dublin now for good but like to at least visit the uk

tastylentils

Re: visiting N.ireland or UK with Temp stamp4?

Post by tastylentils » Sun May 10, 2015 9:10 pm

In practice it might be easy to visit the north, but very risky if you're challenged especially if non EU spouse doeant have the exit entry visa in passport (sorry forget what it's called but temp card holder's can request it be added to passport).

Worst case scenario UK authorities may deport spouse to home country as Ireland wouldn't grant permission for re~ entry without that additional document. Full residence card holders can come and go as they please.

Personally I wouldn't attempt visiting mainland UK without a family permit issued by UK authorities.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: visiting N.ireland or UK with Temp stamp4?

Post by robsters » Sun May 10, 2015 9:53 pm

thank you yeah so still to risky so we wait until she got the full card and apply from there, annoying we big titanic fans love to see museum just for a day trip but yeah far to risky if got pulled over