ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate need to be Notarized

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ankitjain31
Newly Registered

Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate need to be Notarized

Post by ankitjain31 » Sun May 10, 2015 12:18 am

Dear All,

I am applying for Italy Schengen Visa.

Could you please confirm that its compulsory to get notarized Marriage certificate and Birth Certificate ? because I have appointment date on 15th May 2015 and customer care says that Its not necessary for India location.

But someone from VFS customer care also said that it need to be notarized :( so now I am confused.

did any one got Visa from Italy without any notarization done from UK or India Consulate.

Waiting for quick response. Thanks in advance :D

Thanks
Ankit Jain

nawaz

Re: Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate need to be Notari

Post by nawaz » Sun May 10, 2015 11:58 am

Both VFS and Italian consulate require the marriage certificate to be certified when applying for a free visa as an EU family member accompanying or joining the EU citizen. You have to pay the visa fee if the marriage certificate is not certified or if you are applying for a tourist visa.

ankitjain31
Newly Registered

Post by ankitjain31 » Sun May 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Nawaz,

I am ok to pay Visa fees. My question is do I need to Notarized Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate here in UK ?

Thanks
Ankit

nawaz

Post by nawaz » Tue May 12, 2015 10:37 am

I have recently applied (and received) visa for my wife at VFS in London. Our marriage certificate was not certified/notarized and it was no problem. We only had to pay the visa fee.