ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

st helena
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application

Post by st helena » Sun May 10, 2015 11:48 am

Hi I am about to apply for my naturalisation after holding my ILR for one year and I have below questions and really appreciate any help :
1- My residency on student visa , does it count towards 5 years required residency in the UK ?
2- Can I prove my residency only by sending my home country passports which shows I haven't left the UK over the past 5 years ?
3- Can I ask my ex-teacher in the college to sign my application as a professional referee , allthough he is no longer a teacher ?
Thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Application

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2015 12:13 pm

1. Any legal stay in the UK counts towards the 5 years.
2. You have to send your passports.
3. If he is no longer a teacher, does he do something else or retired? Full list of acceptable referees in this link : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.