ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subsisting and genuine relationship--please advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Subsisting and genuine relationship--please advise

Post by humbleguy » Sun May 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Hey All,
After reading some threads on people being refused on the grounds of relationship not being genuine I am a bit worried. Please advice me.

So we got married in October last year, I have not visited since our marriage. we only spent like 5 days together after marriage(do not have a photographic proof of that)

I have plenty of marriage pictures to provide(about 10 photos showing me and her together and surrounded by family)

Our only means of communication have been over skype since our marriage, btw our marriage was arranged.

I am presenting our communication by taking screenshots of skype chat history and pasting it in word document, taking random dates that sort of cover period since october 2014.

I also taken screenshot of our webcam chat and including a few screenshots of that showing me and her, all from my side, my wife does not know how to this kind of stuff so everything is from my side here in Uk.

So I have yet to apply, but do you think this is sufficient? is there something that I should include in addition to above? we dont use telephone at all cos its expensive to call.

many thanks

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Subsisting and genuine relationship--please advise

Post by humbleguy » Sun May 10, 2015 9:18 pm

anyone help please?

suli

Post by suli » Sun May 10, 2015 9:50 pm

humbleguy wrote:Hey All,
After reading some threads on people being refused on the grounds of relationship not being genuine I am a bit worried. Please advice me.

So we got married in October last year, I have not visited since our marriage. we only spent like 5 days together after marriage(do not have a photographic proof of that)

I have plenty of marriage pictures to provide(about 10 photos showing me and her together and surrounded by family)

Our only means of communication have been over skype since our marriage, btw our marriage was arranged.

I am presenting our communication by taking screenshots of skype chat history and pasting it in word document, taking random dates that sort of cover period since october 2014.

I also taken screenshot of our webcam chat and including a few screenshots of that showing me and her, all from my side, my wife does not know how to this kind of stuff so everything is from my side here in Uk.

So I have yet to apply, but do you think this is sufficient? is there something that I should include in addition to above? we dont use telephone at all cos its expensive to call.

many thanks
With the 5 days thing I don't know (maybe an experienced user or a guru will reply) but if you can afford a visit it will help. If your payslips are ready then maybe go there for a few days and then submit the case whilst you're there?
I am also in the same boat as you only difference is I spent two years with my wife. Its been about 9/10 months since I've been here but I can't go because I'm struggling to keep a job together for the 18600 rule. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. How to keep perfect 18600 record as well as visiting is kind of difficult.
From what I've gathered from other users you need to provide your whole Skype history since October 2014.
If your spouse is in India then lycamobile will only cost 1p or even less with packages and for Pakistan about 2p. For other countries you can check out their website.
Also Pakistan's mobilink company if using a billed tariff only cost five rupees per 15 mins which is less than a pence.
Remember with any mobile sim to opt for the billing option as it is the only way to prove that you've been talking to each other.

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Sun May 10, 2015 9:54 pm

[/quote]
With the 5 days thing I don't know (maybe an experienced user or a guru will reply) but if you can afford a visit it will help. If your payslips are ready then maybe go there for a few days and then submit the case whilst you're there?
I am also in the same boat as you only difference is I spent two years with my wife. Its been about 9/10 months since I've been here but I can't go because I'm struggling to keep a job together for the 18600 rule. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. How to keep perfect 18600 record as well as visiting is kind of difficult.
From what I've gathered from other users you need to provide your whole Skype history since October 2014.
If your spouse is in India then lycamobile will only cost 1p or even less with packages and for Pakistan about 2p. For other countries you can check out their website.
Also Pakistan's mobilink company if using a billed tariff only cost five rupees per 15 mins which is less than a pence.
Remember with any mobile sim to opt for the billing option as it is the only way to prove that you've been talking to each other.[/quote]

Thanks suli for the insight. unfortunately it is not cheap to call this country, costs 23p per min. we have been using skype as means of communication right now the whole period comes down to almost 350 pages. I am not sure it is desirable to print all this off?

suli

Post by suli » Sun May 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Don't know. Hopefully someone else will answer. Skype will suffice if you can prove it. Also try out this h[url]ttp://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-f ... 95280.html[/url].

suli

Post by suli » Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Which country by the way if you don't mind me asking?

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Sun May 10, 2015 10:04 pm

suli wrote:Which country by the way if you don't mind me asking?
Afghanistan

suli

Post by suli » Sun May 10, 2015 10:06 pm

At least you have evidence of Skype I know someone who used lycamobile for about 8 months but with no billing. Was refused on those grounds.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:05 pm

suli wrote:At least you have evidence of Skype I know someone who used lycamobile for about 8 months but with no billing. Was refused on those grounds.
That's where the problem is, the same reason why calling cards are not accepted as they don't know who is the call originator and recipient. I used a smartphone app and made sure it was one that provided itemised calls, which it did, showed my mobile number and the mobile number of my spouse I was calling abroad, a breakdown as when I called, the duration etc...

You can use any form of communication to show subsisting relationship. This includes emails, facebook updates, twitter, instant messengers, what apps, Viber or any other form of social media to demonstrate constant form of staying in touch.

If it helps, I left to return to the UK after a week of getting married and it wasn't after 11 months until I applied for the spouse visa. In that time, I did not go back to visit my spouse but did provide a load of communication evidences to show our relationship was genuine and subsiding, and it was not an issue. The key is to provide all forms of communication that you can, and this is made easy in this day and age of technology. Screenshots of your phone, what apps, messages etc.. include it all in.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

suli

Post by suli » Sun May 10, 2015 11:17 pm

WR1 wrote:
suli wrote:At least you have evidence of Skype I know someone who used lycamobile for about 8 months but with no billing. Was refused on those grounds.
That's where the problem is, the same reason why calling cards are not accepted as they don't know who is the call originator and recipient. I used a smartphone app and made sure it was one that provided itemised calls, which it did, showed my mobile number and the mobile number of my spouse I was calling abroad, a breakdown as when I called, the duration etc...

You can use any form of communication to show subsisting relationship. This includes emails, facebook updates, twitter, instant messengers, what apps, Viber or any other form of social media to demonstrate constant form of staying in touch.

If it helps, I left to return to the UK after a week of getting married and it wasn't after 11 months until I applied for the spouse visa. In that time, I did not go back to visit my spouse but did provide a load of communication evidences to show our relationship was genuine and subsiding, and it was not an issue. The key is to provide all forms of communication that you can, and this is made easy in this day and age of technology. Screenshots of your phone, what apps, messages etc.. include it all in.
which smartphone app did you use?

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Sun May 10, 2015 11:21 pm

WR1 wrote:

Wow WR1, this is somewhat relief, so when did you apply for your visa if you dont mind me asking you.

I got only skype messages, I can print the entire log or I can take screenshots as well

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:32 pm

suli wrote:which smartphone app did you use?
I used a app called Mo-Call but they have now closed their service so no longer available.

I'm sure there are similar apps available. I think there is one called Rebtel, never used them though. Just make sure whichever one you chose that they can provide a itemised billing facility. Mo-Call did theirs online so I could log on and print them at my leisure.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:36 pm

humbleguy wrote:Wow WR1, this is somewhat relief, so when did you apply for your visa if you dont mind me asking you.

I got only skype messages, I can print the entire log or I can take screenshots as well
I applied back in February 2012.

Screenshots would probably be better as it provides a truer representation of the chats in my opinion. When are you planning to apply. In the meantime, why not adopt the other methods of communication likes the ones mentioned and use them too.