ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Visa service

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AntonioS
Newly Registered

Premium Visa service

Post by AntonioS » Tue May 12, 2015 6:26 am

Hi,

I have made the mistake of booking my flights too early, I didn't realise that you could only apply for a visa (Tier 4 Student) within 3 months of the course starting. My questions are:

1) Is there any flexibility in the 3 month application window? I.e. could they make an exception and allow an application 3 months and 2 weeks before the course start date?

2) For those that have used the Premium Service - it states that the application process will take 5 working days, does that include everything? I.e. Could I attend the interview, and then 5 business days later be ready to enter the UK on the visa (assuming I'm approved)? I'm working with a very small time window, and I'm just wondering how long it takes between interview and getting the visa.

Many thanks,
Anthony

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Premium Visa service

Post by Greenie » Thu May 14, 2015 9:23 pm

The 3 months refers to when you can submit your application, of you submit it earlier than this then the application falls for refusal. However you appear to also think they they will grant the visa to start immediately, they won't. The earliest you can come to the uk is one month before the start of your course if it is 6 months or longer or is a pre sessionsal course, or 7 days if the course is less than 6 months long.

AntonioS
Newly Registered

Re: Premium Visa service

Post by AntonioS » Fri May 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi Greenie,

Thanks for the reply! I understand that the 3 months refers only to when I can submit my application, my question however was whether or not there was any flexibility in the 3 month period or if it would be possible to receive some kind of exception that allows an application earlier than 3 months (e.g. 3 months 2 weeks).

In regards to arriving in the UK more than one month before the start of my course, my plan was to enter without a visa to travel the UK and get set up, and then visit friends in Europe (returning to England when there was less than 1 month before starting my course so that I could enter on the tier 4).