ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR by Post

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj78
Newly Registered

Dependent ILR by Post

Post by raj78 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:25 am

Hi Friends
I am planning to apply my ILR (from tier-1 general) as premium service (in person). But I am thinking to apply for my 3 dependents by post. I can not find anywhere if I would need to send my original passport/BRP with their postal application. Please can any one suggest?

mnaeem126
inactive

Re: Dependent ILR by Post

Post by mnaeem126 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:00 am

U can send certified copies by if you dont want to send the originals or if they are needed for travel.

raj78
Newly Registered

Post by raj78 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:51 am

mnaeem126 wrote:U can send certified copies by if you dont want to send the originals or if they are needed for travel.
Many Thanks Mnaeem126, would you know if this information is availble some where on gov.uk website., I think I would need to get copies certified from a Solicitor?

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Page 7 of 11 says, "If you are unable to provide the original document, we may accept a copy certified by the body or authority which issued the original (for example, a copy of a savings book certified by the building society or bank), or by a notary. The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a covering letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document. Any documents which are not in English must be accompanied by a reliable English translation. Make sure passports or travel documents are signed".
You have to tell Home Office that you need to make a travel in those date (i.e from xx-xx-xxxx to xx-xx-xxxx). Please bear in mind that you are not the applicant, your dependant is the applicant(s) now so I dont know think there would be any problem if you get all of the pages of your passports(s)/BRP certified by the solicitor/notary
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

raj78
Newly Registered

Post by raj78 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Really helpful thanks :-) for your help.